- Farley's Heroic Sacrifice. An aging dog, risking his life (and dying) to save April is nothing short of amazing. Even better, it was his first instinct as soon as April fell in and went under the currents. He jumps in, grabs her hoodie, and keeps treading water to make sure they both can breathe.
- Edgar also gets one. He runs home, barking frantically at Elly and John, refusing to come inside until they follow him. If not for Edgar, April and Farley might have either drowned or succumbed to hypothermia.
- For the strip itself, being willing to become the first to include a gay character.
- Deanna FINALLY standing up to her mother, after months of Mira trying to live vicariously through her daughter by hijacking her wedding, when Mira takes issue with Lawrence being in the wedding party.
- Elizabeth's dumping of her Bastard Boyfriend Eric deserves mention: For months, Eric had been cheating on Elizabeth with a woman named Tina who goes to their school and then emotionally manipulating her into feeling guilty for being at all suspicious. He then leaves for Hockey Practice, sans skates so Elizabeth runs them to him... and finds out he's not there and he's been bringing Tina to practice. She goes to Tina's apartment to confront them.. and it turns out Tina had no idea they were in a relationship, causing both to blow up at him:Eric: Tina, Elizabeth just calm down OK? You're accusing me of stuff and I need to get my head around it.Elizabeth: (while holding up an angry fist) Get your head around this!Tina: Elizabeth called one night looking for you... and you told me to say you weren't home! You had some stupid reason and like an idiot I believed you! You were cheating on her!Eric: What is this? Am I on trial here? Don't I get to say anything?
- Finally, Eric locks himself in the bathroom for a while out of fear from the girls before coming out and giving a sniveling, manipulative apology... and promptly gets Socked by both of them. They then proceed to chase him out of the apartment, with Elizabeth getting one last parting shot in: She gave his brand new skates to the Salvation Army.
- One for April and Moira; April finds out that the new employee Kortney is visiting adult chatrooms during work. When Kortney threatens to knock her teeth out, April tells Grandpa Jim and her mother, calling out the latter for being in denial. Moira takes April's side and warns Kortney that if she doesn't shape up, she'll be out of time soon. Kortney appropriately goes Oh, Crap!.
- A few months later, Moira doesn't believe Kortney when the latter claims that missing inventory was donated to a local church or sold. She teams up with April to verify the checks' authenticity and learns they were forged. The police also find out that Kortney allowed her boyfriend to steal model trains from the store. After this, Moira takes the initiative to fire Kortney on the grounds of fraud, theft, and lying while Elly is on vacation. April gives Elly a sad I Told You So about it.
Awesome / For Better or for Worse