- Paul able to identify his mentors' footsteps without looking.Paul: (without looking) I know, Thufir, I'm sitting with my back to the door. I hear you... Dr. Yueh... and Gurney coming down the hall.
Thufir: Those sounds could be imitated!
Paul: (turning and smiling) I'd know the difference.
Thufir: (thinking) Yes, perhaps he would at that.
- This:Paul Muad'Dib Atreides, who is Usul among us: Stilgar, do we have wormsign?Stilgar: Usul, we have wormsign the likes of which even God has never seen!
- After killing Feyd, Paul uses a sound ability on the corpse, causing the floor to crack under the sheer power. Stilgar's reaction to this is priceless.
- A bit of a meta-example, but José Ferrer taking a profoundly silly line and making it badass qualifies.Shaddah IV: (venomously) Bring in that floating fat man.
- "Did you actually believe, even for a moment, that I would fail my Duke twice?"
Awesome / Dune (1984)