- Dexter's dad. When he gets serious, he gets so goddamn EPIC.
- Special mention goes to the career day episode. To sum it up, Dexter's school is having a career day and all the other kids are talking about how cool their parents' jobs are. Dexter has no idea what his dad does, so he tells everyone that his dad is a government scientist, which the other kids think is cool. Dexter creates a fake dad in his lab, but when he actually brings this dad to school, Dexter's classmates don't like him. Dexter's real dad (whom Dexter didn't tell about the career day, but he knew about it from a memo in the mail) sees that Dexter's getting a very poor reception. Dad finally reveals what his job is: a professional motorcycle stuntman.
- Dexter's mom's badass catfight in "A Mom Cartoon".
- For context, Mom is at the grocery store one day, when the P.A announces a sale on dishwashing gloves. Mom sees that there's only one pair left... and another housewive has spotted it as well. Cue an incredibly choreographed Crouching Tiger-style battle between the two as they leap from shelf to shelf and duke it out. Mom eventually wins, stuffs her opponent into her own cart, and calmly walks off with the gloves in hers.
- When Dexter learns that pirates kidnapped his sister (they believed she was a mermaid due to her swimsuit), he goes straight to the pirate ship and reveals his Giant Mecha, which he had intended to keep secret, and then starts to literally swab the deck with them.
- Dee Dee calling sea sponges to turn Wet Willie into dust.
- The entire sea battle, really. Features giant crab-like mechs, cannon-loaded ships, dolphins, whales, explosions, etc.
- Anytime that Dexter's Badass Family unites. If "Go, Dexter Family, Go!" starts playing, prepare for awesomeness to ensue.
- In the episode, "Go, Dexter Family, Go!", when Dexter and his family are abducted by aliens, Dexter screams, "Mom! Help!" Her brain switches to Mom mode and she breaks free of her chains.
- Monkey impressing a pro-wrestling alien named Rasslor by never giving up, even after Rasslor had destroyed the rest of the Justice Friends and refused to fight Monkey, thinking he was too weak. Also doubles as a Heartwarming Moment.Rasslor: Incredible. I could crush your body, I could smash your bones, but I could NEVER break your spirit.
- Let's not downplay the fact that Rasslor was voiced by Macho Man Randy Savage. Go ahead, re-read the above line in his voice.
- "Rushmore Rumble". Dexter and Mandark reanimate giant statues of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln to fight each other. At the end, the two declare each other Worthy Opponents and go get drinks together.
- The entirety of "Last But Not Beast", while it certainly is a spoof of the anime genre and Kaiju films. It was still really cool watching Dexter and his entire family being totally kick-ass awesome!
- Two words:Dexter: MATERNAL COMBAT!!
- Pretty much the entirety of "Trapped With a Vengeance", but this exchange near the end is a noteworthy one; just as Yonni the Yanitor thinks he has won, Dexter turns it on his head:Yonni: So, Mr. Smarty Pants, what do you have to say now?
Dexter: Clean up this mess!
- In "Accent-U-Hate", when Gary the bully decided he was going to beat up Dexter and his friends because they "had funny accents," just about every other kid in school showed up and ordered Gary to leave them alone. Gary ends up so disoriented by their yelling he smashes facefirst into the school statue, giving him a "funny accent" from his swollen jaw.
- Anytime Dexter gets the last laugh over Dee Dee tends to be cherished, especially if it's a case the latter has made his life hell throughout the episode. "Sdrawkcab" in particular involves Dexter using his time reversing belt to give Dee Dee a self inflicted No-Holds-Barred Beatdown.
- "Dee Dee and the Man" where he fired her as his sister was pretty satisfying for everyone tired of Dee Dee's crap.
- Dexter using a Mini-Mecha to win at dodgeball. Especially since the school bullies had spent the entire previous week torturing him during dodgeball. Dexter proceeds to beat the crap out of them, even using dynamite against one of them hiding in the jungle gym.
- The Mini-Mecha makes a second appearance in a later episode when Dexter uses it to defeat a trio of small slime aliens that have bodyhijacked his family (Dexter managed to kill the one trying to possess him).
- The episode "D & DD", from the opening sequence to Deedee's part of the story.
- The fact that Dexters friends has way more fun playing with Dee Dee as the DM, because Dexter just went out of his way to kill them (including cheating and lying about his dice rolls).
- My Dad vs. Your Dad has this with both Dexter's and Mandark's dads fighting one another.
- The episode "Reparanoid". Mom notices that the wiring in the house is acting up and calls him an electrician named Arnie. While fiddling around with the wires, Arnie finds one that doesnt seem to be hooked into the rest of the house, and follows it, only to stumble across Dexters lab. His reaction to seeing a gigantic lab full of advanced technology? He hikes up his pants and gets to work right away. Dexter freaks out when he finds out someone has discovered his lab, only to realize that Arnie has managed to rewire one of his machines to work at 100% efficiency, something not even he has managed to do. Arnie proceeds to bring the whole Lab up to code, including robots and all manner of computers and devices no normal electrician would usually work with. Dexter even shakes his hand in gratitude afterwards.
- The incredible Musical Episode Labretto, which is presented as a stage opera about Dexter and Dee Dee's early childhood. For example, there is Dad being shown his newborn son after much anguish.Dad: My goodness, my gracious, when will this day be done, will it be a daughter or will I have a son?!Doctor: Congratulations Mr Father, today is finally done! May I announce that now yoouuu haaaave a soooon!! *the group of doctors part, revealing Mom with an infant Dexter in her lap*
Doctor: He proves to have a skull exactly twice the size his norm. And Norm's the largest man I've seen and you have just been born! Our X-ray's shows his brain is huge, it shouldnt be a fuss. As doctors we must classify him - CLINICALLY GENIUS!! *is handed Dexters trademark glasses on a silk pillow* With these glasses I bestow to you, the knowledge and skill that is quite far and few!Dexter: Atlast Mother and Father, I am created!
- While jubilant over his son, Dad is shocked at the size of Dexters head, and asks if there's a problem with him. The doctor responds with this:
Dexter: For my first observation I would like to state; for every action there is a reaction!
- Dexter's second words ever, quite apt for a genius.
- Pretty much the entirety of "Hamhocks and Armlocks" is one for Dad. Not only does Dad refuse to armwrestle the monstrous Earl no matter how much the latter bullies him because he considers himself a Technical Pacifist and it's against his principles, including hitting him and wrecking his car, when Earl accidentally presses his Berserk Button (by slamming the diner door in Mom's face), Dad doesn't care how outmatched he is, he storms right back into the diner and openly challenges Earl. And he ends up winning, because Dexter knocked him out and installed a Power Fist on his arm, leading to Earl getting thrown through the wall during the actual match.
Awesome / Dexter's Laboratory