- Maffew posted a tribute to Bison Smith on the Botchamania website after Smith passed away. The first commenter must have posted with something incredibly disrespectful, because Maffew removed it and replaced the text with an unbelievably tactful Take That! at the poster:My name is Steve, and my parents never taught me proper etiquette or compassion. That is why Botchamania was forced to edit my comment, due to sheer ignorance on my own behalf.
- Unfortunately, Steve didn't get the message, so his second comment had to be changed as well.My name is still Steve, and I still struggle with my social skills and emotional sensitivities. So here Botchamania comes again, having to save the day from people like me who feels the need to educate other people about the well being of a person I never met or had any real experience with.
- Unfortunately, Steve didn't get the message, so his second comment had to be changed as well.
- Maffew's show has gone from a little YouTube series to being popular enough to where he has a lot of fans among pro wrestlers who gave introductions to videos, even in WWE, including one Mick Foley (who is, coincidentally, Maffew's favourite wrestler) and Damien Sandow (who, in the Botchamania following his release from WWE in May 2016, was mentioned in the opening montage as "Got Fucked Over").
- #262 has Progress Wrestling do a bunch of promo bits during their show for this edition (intro, JEEZUS lever, and ending).
- He's been acknowledged by WWE a few times (in subtle, off-hand ways, obviously)
- Curt Hawkins mentioned watching the show on one of their YouTube shows.
- Paige referred to Naomi in a line edited out of a SmackDown promo as "the Botchamania of Divas."
- During the special The Beast in the East, Michael Cole read out a tweet about how for once it's Americans having to stay up late to watch a PPV instead of Brits. That tweet came from the very British Maffew.
- Dolph Ziggler name dropped Botchamania on the 3/21/16 Raw while cutting a promo on Kevin Owens. Maffew reacted like he was having a coronary.
- Xavier Woods and Tyler Breeze namedropped Botchamania on the WrestleMania 21 finale of their "Battle of the Brands" series on Up Up Down Down. The moment was later shown at the end of Botchamania 393.
- KSI referenced the "I Am The Table" Running Gag on his song "Ares". Naturally, Maffew followed suit and showed the clip in Botchamania 378...much to KSI's delight.
Awesome / Botchamania