- His first NXT match took place at Download Festival. If that isn't awesome I don't know what is.
- In another Download Festival NXT match he took a Bayley-to-Belly Suplex, just to pop the crowd. It didn't matter that him and Bayley were breaking PG.
- The entrance for his first NXT main broadcast match at Takeover: Brooklyn 2, AKA one of the greatest entrances Roode has ever made to a ring. Emerging from the Bad News Barrett scissor-lift covered in blue drapes with a graphic of a heavenly sky behind you and a spotlight on you, with said lift slowly descending as you extend your arms in a display of grandiose ego while clad in a classic villainous robe, is one thing. Being serenaded by an entire crowd of damn near 20,000 people singing the chorus of your entrance song while you're doing this, and all just before your first televised WWE match? There's a reason that shit-eating grin found its way to his face despite his best efforts. Everything that Bobby Roode accomplished in his career prior was validated by landing him in that spot making his NXT in-ring debut full of credibility with that song in tow, and absolutely lavished by a jam-packed audience despite being a heel. He not only won that match, against Andrade "Cien" Almasnote , he completely took the crowd from Cien without even trying.
- His entrance for Takeover: Toronto tops the Brooklyn one with its sheer awesomeness. A choir singing a prelude to his theme with the crowd chanting "Glorious"... and then the piano hits, and Roode comes out, with everyone in the arena singing his music. It helps that Toronto is Roode's home turf, but it's also his opponent, Tye Dillinger's home turf. In fact, people were chanting "This is awesome!" and "Both these guys!", clearly indicating their status as NXT Universe's favorites.
- And then Takeover: San Antonio happened. First, ANOTHER spectacular entrance, only this time with eight fine ladies in tow. The entire arena once again singing him to the ring, to face the NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura who has his own spectacular entrances. What happened was a very back and forth match with Roode using his infuriating Americanized heel tactics to get under the skin of Nakamura. After Shinsuke hurts his own knee on a Kinshasa attempt, Roode finds his opening. After a Canadian Maple Leaf WITH added punches to the knee and TWO Glorious DDTs, Roode becomes NXT Champion! I repeat, Bobby Roode DEFEATED SHINSUKE NAKAMURA FOR THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP.
- And on August 22, 2017, he officially made his main-roster debut on SmackDown to a very solid pop.
- On January 16th, 2018, Roode wins the vacant U.S. title.
- His first entrance as champion with the New Day "serenading" him with his theme song.
Awesome / Bobby Roode