- The scene when A.J. uses the Armadillo's mounted gun to blast through their Shuttle.
- Dan Truman: (to General Kimsey) This is one order you shouldn't follow and you FUCKING know it!note
- Colonel Lev Andropov reminding us that Cloud Cuckoo Lander or not, he's still a veteran cosmonaut by repairing the second Armadillo—while it's flying over a gorge in Zero-G—so it can make the landing safely. And he's doing this while clinging to the outside. Bonus points for his Badass Boast prior to all this:A.J.: What the hell are you doing?!Lev: I am the only qualified astronaut here, and I am saving your American asses!
- "Houston. You're not going to believe this but the other Armadillo has arrived."
- After the world realizes they're saved, there is a shot of a new generation of kids inspired by NASA, representing the future's likely renewed interest in space exploration, running past a mural of President Kennedy, who started the whole thing.
- Harry's telling off of NASA because he doesn't know they were overridden by the government.Houston, you have a problem. See, I promised my little girl I was coming home. I don't know what you people are doing down there, but we got a hole to dig. [cue cheering from Mission Control]
- Three words: Harry Stamper's Sacrifice!
Awesome / Armageddon