- Anita Blake's first Moment of Awesome is when she puts down Nikolaos, a 1000+ year old vampire and her entourage of evil vampires. It's an act that avenges Phillip and makes Jean-Claude Master of the City.
- Anita Blake summoning an entire cemetery of 100+ year old zombies in order to eliminate the evil witch Dominga Salvador and Harold Gaynor. It's impressive because no Re-animator can normally raise ONE century-old zombie without a human sacrifice.
- True, but she did have a human sacrifice. Two of them, in fact. Self-defense, but still. . .
- Anita, instead of sealing herself off from the big bad vampire's butterfly attack, opens herself up to it, terrifying the vampires on her side and making the vampire against her gleeful...and then she just absorbs it, and absorbs it, and slowly everyone switches emotions.
- Anita taking out Mommie Darkest in Hit List with a nice Call-Back to Obsidian Butterfly and her soul-eating power.
- Jean-Claude. After the patient Master of the City spent about ten books listening to his triumvirate-mates Anita and Richard bicker, whine, rage, and bicker some more, he gets fed up in The Harlequin and stops Anita and Ricard Squabble #709870 cold by laying the magical slapdown on both of them and then reading them the riot act, while they cower on the floor in fear of his newfound badassery.
Awesome / Anita Blake