- In the beginning of the finest year of NXT history, Aleister Black and Adam Cole beat the absolute hell out of each other in a phenomenal Extreme Rules match at NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia.
- In what was a fantastic battle, he upsetted Andrade "Cien" Almas for the NXT title at NXT TakeOver: New Orleans. The final move has Vega trying to leap at Black, who dodges so she's caught by Almas. As Almas spins around trying to handle her, Black hits Black Mass while Almas is still holding Vega, knocking Vega out of the ring so Black can get the pin.
- A missed Black Mass aside, his match with Lars Sullivan at TakeOver: Chicago II still managed to be a good match, with Black hitting two Black Mass kicks to make up for the missed one, with the latter hitting on a bloodied Sullivan's face, finally putting the monstrous big man down for the count. While Lars lost, he looked like an absolute beast as he fought Black, providing the champion his biggest challenge yet.
- His match with Johnny Gargano at NXT TakeOver: WarGames II was a brutal, hard-hitting match that saw both unleash absolute hell against each other. Black was able to escape the Garga-No Escape and deliver a scintillating spinning knee strike onto Gargano's head, and then delivered a step-up knee strike, this time without the knee pad. Lifting Gargano's head up with his foot, he delivered a cringe-inducing (in a good way) Black Mass. Not enough, he lifted Gargano's head once again, told him, "I absolve you of all your sins." and delivered a second one for emphasis to what he had done to him three months prior.
- Debuting in the main roster at the Royal Rumble 2019 and managing to eliminate Dean Ambrose, a former WWE Champion, while impressing the Phoenix crowd with his skills. At one point, Pete Dunne manages to snap one of Black's fingers during the match. Black snaps it right back into place.
- Proceeded to steal the Super Bowl's Halftime with the battle at WWE Halftime Heat, where he teamed up with Ricochet and The Velveteen Dream to fight against Johnny Gargano, Tommaso Ciampa and Adam Cole in a tag team match. Despite clocking in at barely over 16 minutes, it still delivered and then some, with many agreeing it was worth watching over the actual Halftime Show, no hyperbole.
- His match against Cesaro at Extreme Rules 2019. The Dutch Destroyer and the Swiss Superman took each other to the absolute limit in a hard-hitting match that well-demonstrated their respective long histories in wrestling and the contrast in their respective styles, culminating in an earth-shattering Black Mass that finally capped Aleister's first victory in the ring since Wrestlemania 35.
Awesome / Aleister Black