- For Iago, no less and this cements his HeelFace Turn. Jafar's seconds from winning and gloating about it like the arrogant being that he is. When he tells Al that "there's no one to save [him] this time", you hear four very screechy but most awesome words.
- Also when Iago frees Genie from the crystal ball Jafar's trapped him inside (by dropping it from a great height to shatter on the floor, even while straining visibly at the weight) and when, at a point of near-death, he summons up the last of his strength to kick Jafar's lamp into the molten lava below, killing Jafar once and for all, and saving the day.
- Another one for Iago towards the beginning of the movie, where he actually manages to defeat Abys Mal and his thugs single-handedly. Sure, part of it was luck, but he did set out to whoop Abys Mal, and he succeeded above and beyond his goal. The fact that his rescue of Aladdin and Abu was more or less coincidental doesn't take away from the awesome feel of Iago yelling "AND I GOT MORE WHERE THAT CAME FROM!" at the defeated villains.
- A more villainous example is Jafar's Villain Song "You're Only Second Rate", where he manages to overpower and capture Genie without even breaking a sweat.
- And it becomes even more awesome when you remember what Aladdin said to trick Jafar in the first movie: "The Genie has more power than you'll ever have! He gave you your power, he can take it away! Face it, Jafar! You're still just second best!" It's possible this song is Jafar's response to that in particular, as if he's saying, "WHO'S 'SECOND BEST' NOW, BITCH?!"
- However, Genie still outsmarts him in the climax, giving Aladdin some much needed time.
- Aladdin's maneuver during the opening fight of the movie when he baited one of Abis Mal's goons into cutting a chandelier rope, allowing Al to not only make his escape but also sends the chandelier falling on said goons. Right away, you can see Al is still the clever badass he was from the first movie.
- The whole teamwork in the final battle against Jafar. Jasmine reaching for the lamp to distract Jafar for a second, which was enough for Genie to switch with and disguise as Aladdin, stalling Jafar while Aladdin rides on carpet to get to Jafar's lamp. Sure, Jafar was too powerful and they didn't make it in time but they did pretty well against an all powerful being and also, this move forced Jafar to split the earth, leading to the way for Iago to really kill him.
Awesome / Aladdin: The Return of Jafar