Embodiment of "Um" is a FRP, stainless steel, zelkova wood, and acrylic sculpture by Takashi Murakami.
The sculpture is a depiction of a blue oni accompanied by its twin companion piece Embodiment of "A".
Embodiment of "Um" provides examples of:
- Everything's Better with Rainbows: A staple of Murakami's work, the sculpture is covered in bright, psychedelic coloring, his eyes, teeth and the platform he is standing on has every color in the rainbow.
- Oni: The beast is very much based on the demon-ogre of Japanese Folklore, specifically a blue-skinned ogre with a tiger-colored loin-cloth and a kanabō in-hand.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Literally the "Blue Oni" to Embodiment of "A"'s "Red Oni."
- The Stoic: Its name is a reference to its position, being frozen in a contemplative pose.
- Youkai: Aside from the obvious Oni that the piece focuses on, he is standing on a smaller red-creature.