A 1981 anime based on the book The Swiss Family Robinson, about a family which gets stuck on a tropical island after a shipwreck and have all sorts of adventures there.
While there, they build a huge treehouse. As they explore the island, they find out they're not the only ones stuck there.
Both this and Tales of Little Women aired at the same time during the late 2000s/mid 2010s when TBN's channel Smile of a Child used to be part of it (This originally aired 10 PM/ 7PM on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, but switched to Tuesdays and Thursdays). It's now released digitally on Amazon.
- Adult Fear: The parents face this on several occasions due to their predicament:
- During the shipwreck Fritz falls overboard while trying to help the sailors, he is later saved by the captain, but during this time his family becomes desperate to find him.
- In one episode Fritz gets sprayed by a poisonous bug and his family fears he might have been permanently blinded.
- When Fritz and Mr. Robinson go on an exploring trip of the island for several days, one night the rest of the family is attacked by a pack of jackals, and Ms. Robinson has to be the only one to fend them off to protect her children.
- Canon Foreigner: Flone/Rebecca was added as the only girl of the Robinson's children, in the novel they're all boys.
- Con Man: The Robbinsons encounter one during their trip from Switzerland to England, who claims to be a music expert and butters up to Flone by telling her she has singing talent, and then tries to scam money out of the father. He's later exposed as a fraud by one of the passengers who happened to be an actual opera star.
- Deserted Island
- Dub Name Change: In the U.S. dub, Flone is renamed "Becca". A bit inverted with Fritz: while the Japanese original renamed him as "Franz", the U.S. dub became recursive in naming him back to Fritz to make it more compatible with the original novel.
- Floating in a Bubble: OP only
- Lens Flare: OP
- Twice-Told Tale