Super High Speed Galvion is a 1984 anime about a secret organisation named Circus using transforming cars to fight the evil Shadow group. Who also use transforming cars, as well as Mecha-Mooks, for their own evil deeds. Later on in the series, just before it got canceled, it was revealed that Shadow was the front-end for invaders from space.
Galvion was meant to be a toy-driven franchise for toy company Takatoku. However they went bankrupt soon after the show was canceled, without releasing any toy. Four of the toys were later released as cheap train station toys, and also by US toy company Select in their Convertors line-up. A decent selection of model kits, some horrifyingly Off-Model, was released by model kit companies Arii, Imai, and LS.
Galvion provides examples of:
- A Mech by Any Other Name: The Road Fighters, Chasers, etc.
- Bishounen: Maya, being voiced by the late, great Hirotaka Suzuoki certainly helps
- Combining Mecha: Combined with Mecha Expansion Pack.
- Off-Model: This is an MIC (Kokusai Eigasha) show, their show's were never consistently animated so it's to be expected here as well.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Mu and Maya.
- Robot Girl: Inka
- Recruiting the Criminal: Mu and Maya.
- Shout-Out: Galvion 3 Zector is essentially a transforming version of the Vector W2 supercar.
- Super Prototype: The Galvion cars.