Reinya is a sly Cat Girl who steals golden treasures, such as the golden kids' meal, golden instant noodles, and others. She is often accompanied with her mouse sidekick, Chutaro. Other than being a Phantom Thief, she works as a convenience store worker. She lives under the convenience store, being her secret hideout. Next to her convenience store, there is a police station, with an inspector, who is perverted, Nocchi, the airhead of the show, and a detective, who is in fond with Reinya. Each episode is episodic, with little-to-no character development. In each episodes, while she still steals treasures, she does different things, and getting into different situations, such as (trying) to becoming a ninja, going on a date, and being cursed.
This anime is available to watch on Crunchyroll.
This show provides examples of:
- Art Shift: Near the end of episode 4, there's this scene drawn in crayons while Reinya talks about how Chutaro had to stay home while Reinya is doing a robbery.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: In episode 3, when Reinya and Chutaro are on their way, about to steal the golden kids' meal, Reinya gets tired, so then Chutaro distracts her with a butterfly cat toy.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: In episode 3...Reinya: This will be sure to bring me luck.
Chutaro: You're still hung up on the last episode?
- Butt-Monkey: Chutaro is often abused (for laughs), for example, being thrown like a ball.
- Verbal Tic:
- When Reinya accomplishes something, especially when she successfully steals a golden treasure, (but it can be other than that,) she goes, "otsukareinya".