- Animated Adaptation: Of the passion and death of Jesus, which is in The Bible.
- Ascended Extra: The "good" thief. He is the protagonist.
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence: The good thief, because he recognizes that his death is Laser-Guided Karma, but Jesus is innocent.
- Back from the Dead: It's never shown directly, but it can be inferred that Jesus revived.
- Death Equals Redemption: The "good" thief. It's even shown that he goes to Heaven with Jesus.
- Downer Ending: Subverted. The "good" thief goes to Paradise and it could be safely admitted that Jesus revived.
- Fan Disservice: While Jesus and the thieves have a nice physique, they are in a situation which... is utterly disturbing. Especially in the case of Jesus, because he was flogged.
- My God, What Have I Done?: The "good" thief feels remorse when he sees Jesus' sufferings.
- A Taste of the Lash: Jesus is brutally flogged, and the "good" thief watches it frightened.