Mars Of Destruction is an anime OVA made by Idea Factory, animated by WaoWorld, and directed by the Ed Wood of anime, Yoshiteru Satou. The anime is an adaptation of the game with the same title, and it's also regarded by many as one of, if not the worst anime of all time. No, really, it is, look it up.
The plot goes something like this: some time after a space mission to Mars ends in destruction, strange monsters called "Ancients" begin appearing around Tokyo. A group of specialists consisting of three girls and one troubled young boy must fight the Ancients until they can come to understand exactly what it is they are fighting.
This anime contains examples of:
- Alien Invasion: This is more or less the premise of the film.
- Epic Fail: A headless body is taken in to the doctor. Looks like she's not gonna make it.
- Four Is Death: You have four protagonists. Sounds like death is coming.
- High-Pressure Blood: Happens when a girl soldier gets her head blown off. Apparently it's so high-pressure it doesn't even arc or rain back down...
- Limited Animation: Moving, panning still shots, recycled frames, little to no emotes, the works.
- Off with Her Head!: One young foot soldier gets her head blasted clean off. Not only does the blood not arc or rain down, her body slides out of frame in that very same pose.
- Public Domain Soundtrack: Including Midi renditions of Ride of the Valkyries and The Barber of Seville.
- Shout-Out: To Neon Genesis Evangelion. They're so obvious that it overlaps with plagiarism.
- Soundtrack Dissonance: The final battle is to the tune of The Barber of Seville.
- Suddenly Voiced: The strongest Ancient, who says what Twist Ending below covers.
- Twist Ending: The Ancients are the original inhabitants of Earth, and they're only taking back what's theirs.