Hurricane Polymar (破裏拳ポリマー Hariken Porimā?) is an anime produced by Tatsunoko Production. The show was created by Tatsuo Yoshida, who had produced many of Tatsunoko's series. Hurricane Polymar is the secret identity of Takeshi Yoroi (鎧武士 Yoroi Takeshi?). He wears a special suit which enables him to fight crime. The suit is made of memory plastic which enables him to assume any shape, including morphing its wearer in 5 different vehicles.
A two part anime OVA was created in the mid-90's entitled Hurricane Polymar: Holy Blood featuring extremists that mutate into amphibious shark-like creatures. Urban Vision initially released it on VHS in the late 1990s, but since then the U.S. DVD rights have gone to Discotek Media.
- Action Girl: Teru is skilled in martial arts.
- Affectionate Parody: Of Superhero genre.
- All Just a Dream: An episode has Kuruma dream to replace Polymar like local superhero (with his personal costume).
- Animal-Themed Superbeing: Most of the criminal gangs have an animal theme.
- Anime Theme Song: "Tatakae! Polymar!"
- Badass Normal: Also without the super-suit, Takeshi is an all-around sportsman as well as martial arts expert.
- Big Friendly Dog: Baron.
- Bruce Lee Clone: Polymar.
- The private detective Joe Kuruma. He is a complete joke.
- Also Takeru as part of his Obfuscating Stupidity act.
- Damsel out of Distress: Teru show that she can take care of herself more times punching and kicking every random Mook.
- Everything's Better with Spinning: Polymar. To the point of being able to create tornadoes via his Shinkuu Katategoma ("Vacuuming One-Handed Top").
- I Know Karate: In some adaptations, Polymar himself without his suit (despite the lampshading in Ippatsuman's ending) is already a worthy karate master. His suit's powers tend to be a bonus on top of that.
- Logical Weakness: Because the Polymar suit is powered by magnetism it is vulnerable to high voltage and will also lose power in temperatures lower than −50 degrees Celsius.
- Loves My Alter Ego: Teru love Polymar while is really cold with Takeshi.
- Ms. Fanservice: Teru is the main source of Fanservice with Panty Shot and Shower Scene.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: A Tokusatsu hero who is a detective, parodies Bruce Lee, fights villains and can transform into a Drill Tank!
- Nipple and Dimed: Teru's nipple are showed in some episodes.
- Police Are Useless: Generally Onigawara and his men are totally useless or arrive at the scene only after Polymar has defeated the criminals.
- Red Is Heroic: Polymar costume is mostly red.
- Secret Identity: Takeshi has two of these. He is the superhero Polymar, but is also the son of Onigawara, the director of the International Secret Police Agency (run from home).
- Secret Keeper: Baron (Danshaku) is the only that know Takeshi scret. Well, he is a dog..so can't say to anyone.
- This Is a Drill: Polymar transformation into a Drill Tank.
- Transformation Trinket: The polymet, a speciel helemt made of a new artificial polymer, that allow Takeshi to tranform in Polymar.
- Villain of the Week
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Hurricane Polymar's main ability, aside from augmented strength and high-speed rotation, is transforming into one of five different vehicles. Polymar's vehicles are: Polymar Hawk (supersonic jet); Polymar Grampus (submarine); Polymar Drill (tank with twin drills); Polymar Machine (formula-one race car); and Polymar Roller (steam roller).