Happy Seven is a 13-episode Magical Girl anime. It covers the story of Amano, a girl who has had bad luck all of her life. Desperate, she meets the girls (and a boy named Kikunosuke) of a school club called "Better Fortune Research Organization" to see if they can help. She later finds out that they form a group of magical girls called Happy Seven, representatives of the Seven Gods of Luck. They Fight Demons called the Magatsugami while preventing Kokuanten, the princess of destruction, from gaining power from the red star, a meteorite. This series is unconventional in that the heroine is not a member of the titular Happy Seven, and has lots of cute moments...though the ending is a bit of a Mind Screw.
This show provides examples of:
- Chick Magnet: All the girls in the club have crushes on Kikunosuke and have even drawn up a list of rules dictating how they're allowed to behave towards him in order to prevent this conflict of interest from causing discord in the club. Kikunosuke and Amano are both unaware of this.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Kuriya when transformed. Her right boot is waist high and her left boot is knee high.
- Girlish Pigtails: Amano is a Sailor Moon expy, complete with blonde pigtails and a ditzy personality.
- Improbable Weapon User: Sarasugawa uses a lute for fighting and Mahiru uses a fishing rod.
- Neglectful Precursors: The unnamed aliens were fighting so much they created a super weapon strong enough to blow up the universe, hid it inside Earth, then left. Then they waited till there was actually less than 5 minutes left to decide to come stop the machine.