Almost a year has passed since the 63rd National High School Sensha-dō Tournament, and everything has been well for Oarai ever since their victory over the University Team. Everything with school has been going fine with the girls except for one thing... Momo hasn't been accepted into any universities for her graduation. Determined to help Momo graduate into the same university as Anzu and Yuzu, the Oarai team are determined to show that Momo is indeed skilled in Sensha-dou, establishing this by making her their commander during the Winter Cup tournament.
Girls Und Panzer Das Finale is a six-part anime film that continues Miho Nishizumi's and Oarai's journey in Sensha-dou, a Japanese martial arts revolving around tanks. Das Finale #1 was released in Japanese theaters on December 9th, 2017.
This show contains examples of:
- Achievements in Ignorance: Miho manages to beat Murakami by accidentally flipping her over with a bow.
- The City Narrows: The lower decks of the Oorai school carrier is delinquent territory due to its distance from the regulated upper decks.
- Cliffhanger: The first part ends like this.
- Drinking Contest: Hana and Ogin participate in one with non-alcoholic rum, though the rum is heavily spiced. Specifically, with Habanero peppers.
- In Medias Res: The first part of Das Finale starts with the Oarai team cornered in battle against BC Freedom, before shifting the perspective back days before the match.
- Insistent Terminology: Momo is not repeating a year, let's make that clear. She just wasn't accepted by any universities.
- Japanese Delinquent: Shark Team is made up of delinquents from the Donzoku Bar.
- Multi-Part Episode: Das Finale is split up into a six-part anime theatrical film.
- Mundane Utility: The Mark IV landship at the Donzoku Bar has been used as a smoking machine for their meat.
- Outside-the-Box Tactic: Trapped in a crossfire with both ends of the bridge destroyed, Miho quickly whips up a plan of escape: Use the newly acquired Mk IV as a ramp to get Oarai's tanks out of danger.
- Passing the Torch: The student council positions of have been transferred to the new Oarai girls of Hana, Yukari, and Saori.
- Plot Tailored to the Party: What would become Shark Team, challenges Anglerfish Team to a series of challenges for Sodoko's freedom and information about a tank in the area. Each of the challenges is easily beaten by the individual talents of Anglerfish Team:
- Flint's Anchor Bend knot is easily identified and untied by military enthusiast Yukari.
- Rum's semaphore message is translated thanks to Saori's radio operator knowledge.
- Cutlass is beaten in a thumb-wrestling contest by Mako since her finger movements were trained shifting tank gears.
- Murakami challenges Miho to a straight-up brawl only for Miho to effortlessly dodge every blow and win without even trying since she's too used to dodging tank shells.
- Ogin and Hana have a drinking contest with Blazing Inferno Hellfire Sauce. Hana's gunner-honed Nerves of Steel allow her to hold out longer than Ogin.
- Politeness Judo: played literally for laughs. Miho defeats someone in a fistfight by bowing apologetically and catching them in the stomach, resulting in them being launched over her head when she straightened up.
- Ronin: Momo is in danger of becoming one. However, the media exaggerates it to a rumor that she's being held back.
- Super Reflexes: Miho exhibits this when against Murakami, where she effortlessly dodges her punch and kicks.
- Tank Goodness: This is Girls Und Panzer, what did you expect?
- Theme Music Power-Up: BC Freedom has Le Chant de l'Oignon, a Napoleonic era marching song about... onionsnote ; which they sing as they drive towards their next battlefield.
- We ARE Struggling Together: BC Freedom's students do not get along and are split into two sets of attitudes and doctrines. On approaching to the match field, they are actively trying to fire at each other. However, once the match starts, it is revealed it was all a facade and the BC Freedom students are indeed capable of coordinating with each other.