Floral Magician Mary Bell is a Magical Girl anime about Mary Bell, a floral sprite who appears to those in need.
The story starts with two children, Yuuri and Ken, who are reading a fairy tale about Mary Bell finding two children who are lost in the woods and helping them find home. Yuuri and Ken love the story of Mary Bell so much that their parents have named their flower shop after the fairy. However the flower shop isn't doing well, so Yuuri and Ken wish for Mary Bell to appear. Both are surprised when she sprouts from a flower and tells them that she has learned of their plight and has come to help them.
This anime provides examples of:
- Agent Scully: Vivian initially
- Bag of Holding: Mary Bell's tambourine works like this.
- Blush Sticker: Ken
- By the Power of Grayskull!
- Catchphrase: “Just leave it to Mary Bell!”
- Cute Witch
- The Fair Folk: While Tambourine is not at all this trope, he does refer to himself as a "seelie court."
- Fairy Companion: Tambourine
- Grumpy Old Man: Bart, Grandma Rose's childhood friend who hates flowers. Though he does get a Heel–Face Turn in the final three episodes.
- Innocent Flower Girl
- Magic Wand
- Magical Land: Flower Magic World
- Really 700 Years Old: Mary Bell looks like a child but is actually 500,000 years old.
- Tertiary Sexual Characteristics: Tambourine wears a red bowtie.
- Transformation Sequence
- Transformation Trinket