The 23rd installment of the Doraemon films. The story starts when Nobita is once again jealous of Suneo's new toy, this time a robotic dog. After a quite big fight with his mom and Doraemon, Nobita decides to use the spare pocket to buy some robots from the future.. with a disastrous result. At the same time, the purchased robots clash with a young robot boy in the Time Tunnel and bring him along to the 21th century. The boy, named Poko, rescued the gang from Suneo's malfunctioned robot before suffers damage. Since the damage cannot be repaired by the 22th century technology, the gang must travel to the Robot Planet to find someone who can repair him, while fighting against the tyrannical Queen Jeanne of the kingdom who seeks to remove all the robots' emotions.
This film contains examples of:
- Adaptational Badass: While Nobita is already a badass to a degree in the manga with his "The Reason You Suck" Speech to Jeanne when he saves Poko, the film changes it to having him confronts her with the speech and we actually get to see Jeanne's reaction to the words.
- Doraemon doesn't even need his "Cheetah Lotion" like his manga counterpart.
- Adaptation Distillation: Several scenes from the manga were cut or changed. Mainly Jeanne's ImportantHaircut, the nursing of Jeanne back to health, and the final attempt murder of Dester to Chapek.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Both Jeanne and her father has their hair colors changed from red and black to blond in the film.
- Armor-Piercing Slap: In the Manga, Shizuka delivers one to Jeanne, complete with "The Reason You Suck" Speech. This is completely adapted out in the movie.
- Big Bad: Jeanne Until Dester betrays her and takes the position for himself
- Evil Twin: Dester is actually Chapek's twin brother who has turned evil.
- Gladiator Games: The robot arena serves as one for robots. The victors in the arena are able to keep their emotions, while the losers are sent to the factory to be deprived of them.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: Jeanne is the main antagonist for the first half of the story.
- Honor Before Reason: Kongfighter
- Missing Mom: Jeanne's mom is mentioned to pass away while she was still young.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Nobita and Shizuka both deliver one to Jeanne at different times.Nobita: You're really cruel! Removing the robots' emotion is nonsense! They're friends, not tools to be used!Shizuka: Don't you know that Poko truly care about you?! I can't believe that someone like you is a queen!
- Parental Substitute: Maria is one to Jeanne, raising her like her own daughter after the death of the previous queen.
- Start of Darkness: Jeanne became cold hearted after witnessing her father's death due to that he saved a worker robot from an accident. With Dester's manipulation, causing her to believe that robots with emotion shouldn't exist.
- The Starscream: Dester has been plotting to usurb Jeanne's throne by trying to kill her off in the middle of the movie.