While the Hestia Familia is having fun at the Lunar Festival, Hermes organizes an event to see if someone can get Artemis's famed spear out of a piece of crystal, many people including Aiz try but fail, when Bell gives it a try, the crystal breaks and the Goddess Artemis appears declaring Bell her "Orion". After a reunion with her old friend Hestia, she recruits the Hestia Familia to fight against a powerful monster known as Antares whose corruption is slowly destroying the world and causing monsters to go berserk.
Contains examples of:
- Action Girl: Unlike most gods and goddesses, who are helpless against monsters without their divine powers, Artemis leads a monster-slaying familia and helps her children fight them.
- Bittersweet Ending: Antares is destroyed and the day is saved. However, the Artemis Familia is extinct and the real Artemis returns to heaven the moment she's freed after the Antares uses all of her energy in an attempt to destroy the world.
- Canon Foreigner: The Artemis Familia was a creation for this movie.
- Dance of Romance: Bell has a romantic dance scene with Artemis at the lake.
- Fantastic Nuke: Artemis's divine power is to unleash the "strongest arrow" that could annihilate the entire Lower World in one shot. Naturally, she can't use it lest she be immediately sent back to Tenkai. Antares plans to use her Arcanum to do just that, forcing Artemis to send a copy of herself to Orario to get someone to slay her to prevent this from happening.
- Frontline General: Artemis takes the fight to the monsters directly rather than let her children hunt them for her. Unfortunately, it backfires horrifically when she's devoured by Antares, allowing the monster to slaughter her familia with the use of her Arcanum.
- I Cannot Self-Terminate: After Artemis was devoured by Antares, she manages to send a residue to Orario to recruit an Orion to use her arrow to slay her and Antares.
- Master Archer: Artemis was known as the best archer of the gods and her familia put a lot of emphasis on hunting with ranged weapons.
- Meadow Run: When Artemis appears, Hestia happily greets her old friend and they run towards each other, only for Artemis to run past her and hug Bell instead.
- Non-Serial Movie: Although chronologically it appears to fit in sometime before the War Games where Bell and his Familia won the mansion and possessions of the Apollo Familia, the author has stated the movie Arrow of the Orion is not intended to be part of the canon, but just a way to have fun.
- Only the Chosen May Wield: Bell is the only one who can free Artemis' spear from a crystal, with Artemis saying it is because of his pure heart. Afterwards, anyone can carry it, but Bell is the only one who can invoke its powers.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Artemis is a longtime friend of Hestia, the latter of which notices her acting oddly childish and naive compared to the no-nonsense, badass warrior she knew in Tenkai. Most notably, Artemis acts incredibly affectionate toward Bell even though Hestia remembers her as a romance-hating virginal goddess. It turns out, this is because this Artemis they met is a "residue" of the original she dispatched just before she was swallowed whole in hopes of finding the one who could wield her arrow and slay Antares.
- Scary Scorpions: The new monsters spreading with Antares' corruption all resemble giant, cyclopic scorpions. This may be a reference to the fact that in real life, Antares is the brightest star in the Scorpius constellation. (The monster is named after the star; unlike most of the divine beings and monsters in this world, it's not directly named after a mythological entity. The star's name means "rival to Ares," a reference to its red colour, which caused it to be compared to the planet Mars).
- That's No Moon: Orario is startled when a second moon suddenly appears in the night sky. It's quickly revealed that it isn't a moon and in fact Artemis' Arcanum, a giant magical bow loaded with the "strongest arrow" that can annihilate the Lower World with one shot. Antares plans to use it to wipe out Orario before infesting the world above.
- Total Party Kill: The entire Artemis familia was wiped out by Antares after it managed to devour Artemis herself.