It is the year 86 of the New Galaxy. In a binary star system somewhere in space, there is a special area called Zone Subsqui, which converged all the races of the galaxy to form a new civilization. However, alongside the progress, crime flourished, and the Organization of Evil became the scourge of the new order, exhibiting powers above those of the space authorities. It was therefore decided that, to combat the Organization of Evil, a group composed of brilliant scientists and brave warriors would be created, known as Gorilla Force.
Originally created by Kokusai Eiga-sha (Movie International Co, Ltd.), this series was licensed by Saban and combined with Go Shogun to create "Macron 1".
This series provides examples of:
- Brain Uploading: Turns out that Lord Mandyc went through this procedure shortly before he was killed, which allows him to continue working with the team.
- Darkest Hour: The last episodes of Season 1. Lord Mandyc gets killed, their base gets destroyed, Venus ends in a coma, Super commits a Heroic Sacrifice to give the others a chance to escape.
- The Dragon: Helgal, Volk Lazer's main general.
- Dub Name Change: Sexy's name is changed to Venus in markets outside of Japan. Chance's also gets his name changed to Gorilla in a couple of the dubs.
- Evil, Inc.: The Organization of Evil, with Volk Lazer as its leader.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: If it wasn't obvious who's the good-looking Femme Fatale, her name is Sexy. The foreign versions obfuscate this a little by making her name Venus, which is still a name that screams "sexy", but one that's not as much on-the-nose obvious.
- Femme Fatale: Venus in season 1, Dolly in season 2 have this role in the team. They're not afraid of using their bodies and seduce men while also being very competent fighters.
- Gladiator Games: One planet has this as theme, with bio-engineered Kaijus as the gladiators.
- Ms. Fanservice: Both Venus and Dolly, given their roles in the team as Femme Fatales. Venus' original Japanese name was... Sexy. Yeah.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: In Season 2, Dolly replaces Venus after the latter falls in a coma and performs the same role in the team being the designated Femme Fatale; Sugar does the same for Super after the later dies in a Heroic Sacrifice becoming the de facto ace pilot of the team. Dolly and Venus are also both blonde; while Sugar and Super both have green hair. It's actually funnier when you realize that both Dolly and Venus have the same voice actress in the original Japanese dub.
- Word Salad Lyrics: The words "Mission Outer Space", "Gorilla" and "Satisfaction" make up about 70% of the first opening lyrics.