A fanime, noninteractive M.U.G.E.N visual novel, created by Chimukun. It is as a crossover fanfiction for Mahou Sensei Negima!, Arcana Heart 3, Touhou, and some others. It is also a canon sequel to Panty Thief Mysteries It stars Sakurazaki Setsuna and Konoe Konoka from Mahou Sensei Negima as the main protagonists. The name comes from Konosetsu Radio. It is currently available on wenoo.net and can be watched here.
It's one of Mugen Stories and a Massive Multiplayer Crossover. It uses a Visual Novel style of story-telling with anime scenes. Unlike most Mugen Series, the battles are done with edited cinematic style as opposed to the usual 2 round system. It's also one of the few to have art made or edited specifically for it. Its opening scene shows Konoe Konoka walking.
Similar to chimukun's previous works Panty Thief Mysteries, and Mizuki No Densetsu, it employs an unusually large amount of Yuri, Ecchi, Fanservice, and Animesque style of humour. A Setsuko Christmas Tale is a canon sequel to Panty Thief Mysteries.
Contains examples of the following tropes:
- Action Mom: Arika Anarchia Etheofushia who has onůy a brief appearance but no real fighting scenes. Partially due to not having a mugen character based on her.
- Artificial Human: Scharlachrot & Weiß were artificial angels.
- Dareto Be Badass: Kaze challenged Setsuna to not rely on Konoka's healing, and remember how it was like being a warrior.
- Everyone Is Gay: Like Panty Thief mysteries, there are literally no males in this fanfic. The author made it apparent everyone was lesbian or bi.
- Fanservice: Lots of Panty Shots, Moe & Ecchi. Some original art of Setsuna and Scharlachrott sleeping, kissing scenes, and many others.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Sakurazaki Setsuna, a hanyo
- HeelFace Turn: Marisa Kirisame, Scharlachrot and Arika Anarchia Entheofushia can all fall into this one way. Infact there wasn't really a real villain in this fanfic, since everyone had good intentions in the end. They all became friends after knowing the misunderstandings.
- Improbably Female Cast: Just like it's prequel, "Panty Thief Mysteries". There are no males.
- Instant Cosplay Surprise: Lots of changing in outfits, adding Christmas hats, and even panty changing in the last scene.
- Love Theme: Flying over the sky, joking about marriage, confession, and kissing.
- Magic Contract Romance: Konoka & Setsuna share a patico contract. Any Negima fan would know they kissed to get it.
- Nonviolent Initial Confrontation: Ingrid with Konoka and Setsuna, untill they provoked her lover/goddess.
- Panty Fighter: There wasn't too much of these during actual fights, mainly because of the characters used in M.U.G.E.N.
- Plot Twist: Who really stole the panties, what her true motives were, and the reason for Scharlachrott being there.
- Psycho Lesbian: Scharlachrot. In a similar way she was in Arcana heart, though this time, she was manipulated by someone else.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: Literally to the point they would kiss, and declare someone as their wife.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: Konoka and Setsuna were still teens. Scharlachrott and Weiß were schoolgirl age.
- Shoutouts: Besides being a Sequel to Panty Thief Mysteries. Setsuna was also watching Mizuki no Densetsu, which was Chimu-kun's longest running web series. Kaze Kami refered to Ayane as that Kunoichi, who was the main character in Panty Thief Mysteries.
- Tsundere: Scharlachrot gets crazy, mainly due to her innocence and misunderstanding.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Weiß and Scharlachrot. It's obvious Scharl is obsessed with her, like her arcana heart backgrounds. Weiß atleast cares about her.
- Yuri Genre: Just like all of Chimu-kun's works. This one is probably considered the most romantic.