The Legend of Lucky Pie is an independent, Patreon-funded Chinese Mockbuster of Adventure Time. It has fluid animation, simple designs, a laid-back color scheme and folk theme song and follows the adventures of Finn and Jake Expies, Lucky and Pie, one being an owl-like boy and a miniature, orange-red pony with a long snout (that resembles Pokey from Gumby), respectively.
The characters often have Black Bead Eyes, like most of the Adventure Time cast and the color palette is similar. The color scheme is relaxed and almost pastel, except for the neon-orange horse Pie. Lucky is fiery in personality like Finn the human but humble around the presence of girls. Lucky is shy around the mermaids, as Finn is around Princess Bubblegum. Lucky is also quick to spring into action around the eel monster, like the tenacious Finn. Lucky, however, has wider, yellow eyes like an actual owl. He also lacks a hat, instead having a feathery head.
The Legend of Lucky Pie provides examples of:
- Beach Episode: The very first episode is set at the beach and features a beach party with a starfish sipping a slurpie cup.
- Cry Cute: The mermaid is insecure about her appearance and cries after Lucky and Pie mentioning a monster. She thinks she must be the monster they're referring to and starts crying. Lucky and Pie assure her mermaids are cute.
- Fish People: The guards taking the mermaid back to their kingdom.
- Hollywood Mirage: Gold appears far away in a cave, turns out it's a sandy, sparkly beach on the other side of the cave.
- Lamprey Mouth: The eel-like Sea monster has a mouth like this, that attacks Lucky and Pie. Pie calls the monster a dumb glutton and feeds it baked pies.
- The Legend of X
- Our Mermaids Are Different: A focus on kingdoms, much like its source material Adventure Time or Little Mermaid, this mermaid is a princess with an underwater kingdom. She wears a space helmet/fish bowl thing and can float for some reason.
- Sea Monster: A sea monster tries to attack the mermaid princess, Lucky and Pie.
- Stranger Danger: Pie tells Lucky not to approach the mermaid too quickly as he will seem like a pedophile.