Shitty the Cat, known in China as Abenmao (阿笨猫 - literally "Fool Cat"), is a Chinese-animated television series that aired on CCTV's Cartoon City block in 1998, and has been given the unofficial gag dub/pseudo-abridged treatment by a group known as Szichwahsh.
This show provides examples of:
- Animesque: Sometimes the artist draws so Off-Model that the characters will have an anime-ish look.
- Bowdlerization: Inverted. The original Chinese version was aimed at children, but this Gag Dub features profanity, references to sexual fetishes, and more.
- Cast Full of Gay: Presumably, which considering the theme song is just plain weird.
- Catch-Phrase: Shitty the Cat's distinctive old-man grunt
- Also, the off-screen shooter saying "Let's beat this gaywad!", followed by someone else saying "Yeah!".
- Corrupt the Cutie: If Shitty was even a "cutie" in the first place, then the Gag Dub certainly corrupted him... Oy vey!
- Depraved Homosexual: Shitty the Cat himself (at least if the love of scat-eating, in combination with being gay, makes you a Depraved Homosexual)
- Early Installment Weirdness: The first episode of the Gag Dub features elements that were thrown out the window, like Shitty sounding like Ed Wynn, having a narrator summarize a scene to shorten the running time, the aforementioned shorter running time, and the other fat cat sounding like the off-screen lesbian who shoots Shitty at the end of every episode.
- Edutainment Show: The original Chinese version (Abenmao) was likely an educational program, like most Chinese cartoons of the time. Naturally, the Gag Dub threw this out the window.
- Everything's Better With Monkeys: Well, we have a certain Jewish Monkey in the cast.
- Gag Dub: Come on, when the theme song goes "Shitty is a cat that loves to eat scat, how he loves to do it everyday", what else could it possibly be?
- Greedy Jew: The Jewish Monkey is a textbook example of one. He tried charging Shitty the Cat an artifact he found for 55,000,000,000 shekels.
- Nobody Poops: Averted, big time! For instance, in "I'm Old", Shitty the Cat is shown having diarrhea.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Shitty the Cat sounded like an impersonation of Ed Wynn in the first episode
- Off-Model: Oh dear lord. The characters end up looking totally different from episode to episode, and even shot to shot. Sometimes Shitty will have small eyes, small brows, and looks quite fat, but other times he is drawn with eyes the size of dinner plates, a more slender body, and oval buttons on his shirt instead of circular ones.
- Once per Episode: At the end of every episode, Shitty is shot by an off-screen character... and for some reason is shown afterward walking with crutches, while a foghorn sound effect is played in the background.
- Stock Sound Effects: The foghorn heard at the end of every episode, in addition to the shrieking cat in Episode 1 and the boing sound when Shitty is hit by a motorcycle in Episode 3.
- Toilet Humor: A staple of this show (even in the original Chinese version, there is still toilet humor present... just not to the extent of this version). Indeed, the people behind the Gag Dub are rather fond of Barney Bunch-style material.