Planet of 7 Colors is a 2009 Chinese animated series by Creative Power Entertaining. It had one season consisting of 52 episodes.
The Dark Planet survives by moving around and eating other planets. A Rainbow Planet with the seven colors of the rainbow has a colorful protective dome that prevents it from danger. Seven kingdoms on this planet attack each other in an attempt to get power and glory, but by doing so, they accidentally weaken the planet's protective dome. Dark Planet's king, King Blackhole, wants the Rainbow Planet, so he sends his son Zebra Prince into the planet to destroy the balance between the seven colors. As the war of Rainbow Planet continues on, one honest man named Fredo stands up for what's right and aims to bring peace to the Rainbow Planet and unite everyone against the Dark Planet.
Planet of 7 Colors provides examples of:
- Big Bad: King Blackhole is the main villain who wants to get the protagonists' home Rainbow Planet. Fredo wants to stop him.
- Cat Folk: The inhabitants of the green kingdom are anthropomorphic cats.
- Establishing Shot: In episode 1, the first thing we see is a shot from outer space showing Rainbow Planet, the main setting of the show.
- Introductory Opening Credits: The opening sequence shows shots of most of the kingdom leaders.
- Making a Splash: The queen of the indigo kingdom can use water-based attacks.
- Meaningful Name: King Blackhole has a rather fitting name. He preys on and consumes other planets much like a Black Hole would.
- The Place: The title Planet of 7 Colors refers to Rainbow Planet, the main setting.
- Planet Eater: The Dark Planet eats other planets to survive.
- Quarter Hour Short: Episodes are usually around 14 minutes long.
- Rainbow Motif: The seven kingdoms have colors that correspond to the seven colors of the rainbow.
- Rule of Seven: There is a war between seven different kingdoms who correspond to the seven colors of the rainbow.
- Series Goal: King Blackhole wants to devour Rainbow Planet.