Pakdam Pakdai, also internationally known as Rat-a-Tat, is an Indian Slapstick cartoon. It stars Don (Doggy Don), who has his days being ruined constantly by three mice in his house: the self-proclaimed and the most annoying and vicious leader Charly (Chhotu), followed by the ever-hungry Big Eater Marly (Motu) and the least responsible joker Larry (Lambu)—so he attempts to get his revenge on them (and is sometimes helped by his brother, Colonel), but to no success. There's also a grumpy bulldog named Rox, who will beat up anyone that accidentally breaks his precious things, or even his entire house.
It first premiered in April 2013, and has a total of 78 episodes and 2 movies. Being an "official Indian adaptation" of Oggy and the Cockroaches as confirmed by Word of God, it was also created after Nickelodeon India lost the rights to air Oggy in 2012.
This show contains examples of:
- A Dog Named "Dog": There's a yeti named "Yeti" in Ocean Attack.
- Aerith and Bob:
- As opposed to Oggy, we have names like Don, and then we have names like Colonel and Rox.
- The names of the mice all have fairly Indian spellings to them, except for Larry.
- Alliterative Name: Doggy Don.
- Added Alliterative Appeal: A likely accidental example with Nana the narrator.
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Doggy Don has pink fur, Colonel has green fur, Charly has yellow fur and Larry has purple fur.
- Bigfoot, Sasquatch and Yeti: Don, Colonel, Thaw and the mice befriend a yeti in Ocean Attack.
- Cats Are Mean: Billiman, to the extent of being a villain in Doggy Don Vs. Billiman.
- Disembodied Eyebrows: Doggy Don has eyebrows that are not connected to his eyes in any way.
- Dub Name Change: Every character had their name changed in the show's international localization, Rat-a-Tat.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Played for Laughs in the end of "The Date", where Don gets into an offscreen fight by his date, from getting Misblamed that he ruined the date night.
- Extreme Omnivore: Marly can eat inedible things, though it results in his teeth breaking.
- Furry Female Mane: Majorly Gender Inverted with Charly and Larry, who have brown and black hair, respectively.
- Informed Species: Rox, who looks more like a Great Dane than a bulldog.
- The Mockbuster: Of Oggy and the Cockroaches.
- Narrator: Nana, who is only in the Indian version.
- Odd Name Out: Larry, unlike the rest of his brothers, doesn't have his name ending with "arly" (or, also in this case for the original Indian version, "otu").
- Pink Means Feminine: Gender Inverted with Doggy Don, though he can get feminine nonetheless.