Fantadroms is a Soviet Latvian cartoon series that was created by Studio Dauka and aired for 13 episodes from 1985 to 1995note .
The show was about a yellow shapeshifting cat robot named Indrikis, who was created by a space station to check on an Earth-like planet and stop any conflicts that might be going on between the planet's inhabitants. His friends are Receklite, a purple female shapeshifting cat robot, and an unnamed female rat. There is also an assortment of recurring supporting characters, such as a light blue boar and a floating pink blob, among others.
Completely unrelated to Fantomcat.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Indrikis is yellow, Receklite is purple, and the recurring boar character is light blue.
- Book-Ends: Every episode begins and ends with a shot of Indrikis sneezing, for whatever reason.
- Mime and Music-Only Cartoon: The show was made to be able to cross language barriers without dubbing it into other languages being a problem, and as such all action in the show unfolds through pantomime.
- No Name Given: The rat has not been given a name, nor have any of the recurring background characters.
- One-Word Title
- She's Got Legs: Utilized in a joke in one of the episodes, where Receklite cuts part of her "skirt" off so that it doesn't get in the way as she rides a bicycle. When she does this, the pink blob drools at the sight of her visible legs.
- The Speechless: All characters merely make sounds such as gasps, laughs, etc. in place of actual talking.
- Triang Relations: Implied instance of Type 4. The rat is implied to be in love with Indrikis, but he does not return her affections and would rather be with Receklite, who appears to return his affections. The rat even gets angry at Receklite whenever she catches her with Indrikis!
- Widget Series: In fact, Streamline Pictures scrapped their plans for an American release of this show partially due to them considering it too bizarre for American audiences!
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Indrikis and Receklite have this power.