Az erdő kapitánya is a Hungarian animated film produced by Pannonia Film Studio in 1988. Set in a World of Funny Animals, it follows the story of Kapitány, a police dog who tries to solve a crime conducted by the vicious criminal cat Zéró.
- Animal Stereotypes: All around. For example, Kapitány the dog and Ede the mouse are heroic policemen, Zéró is an evil cat with a snake, toad and magpie as henchmen. Subverted by Góliát and Dini, a heroic flea and bat.
- Beary Friendly: Both the President of the Forest, and her granddaughter Dorka are nice bears.
- Big Bad: Zéró is a criminal mastermind whose plans cause the main conflict.
- Bluebird of Happiness: Pimpike, after eating a poisoned cake, starts to believe that he is this. By Rule of Funny, he actually becomes able to fly thanks to his delusion.
- Cats Are Mean: Zéró is a criminal mastermind, while his first henchman Piroska is a Dumb Muscle.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Pimpike the wolf, who first believes he is a sheep, then a bird.
- Heroic Dog: Kapitány is the protagonist, a brave and smart police captain struggling against a cat criminal.
- Ironic Name: Góliát is named after Goliath, despite being a tiny flea. His codename, "Elephant", is also very non-indicative.
- Nice Mice: Ede is a brave, friendly police officer.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: The President, an old female bear in charge of the forest.
- World of Funny Animals: The setting of the film.