- The announcement of a new series taking The Clone Wars place had some worried, but then it was revealed Dave Filoni would still be involved in this series.
- Then, the name of the series, Star Wars: Rebels, was revealed, and that it would take place in the time frame between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. With Dave Filoni, Kilian Plunkett and other parts of the TCW team involved, this also leaves a huge chance for it to tie up some of the loose ends that were left when The Clone Wars was canceled.
- Greg Weisman is also working on it.
- Three words: Darth Vader cameo. With James Earl Jones returning as the voice.
- He's going to be in the second season as the main villain, with James Earl Jones still using the voice.
- And now Frank Oz is returning as Yoda.
- The season 2 trailer gives us Captain Rex, Commander Wolffe, the return of Hondo and Gregor, and Darth Vader being a complete badass.
- The midseason trailer for season 2 gives us even more: Yoda, other Lasats, Cham Syndulla, more Darth Vader action, ancient Jedi and Sith architecture , the reveal that Darth Maul is alive (and seeks Ezra as an apprentice), and Ahsoka and Vader crossing blades.
- As of the season 3 trailer, THRAWN has returned to canon and will be challenging the Rebels in future. The fandom exploded.
- And the season 4 trailer brings Rukh back into the picture.
- When Star Wars: The Clone Wars was cancelled, fans were afraid that the fate of the original characters from The Clone Wars would be left hanging in favor of focusing on Rebels. In the season 2 trailer, 4 words silenced all those fears: "My name is Rex."
- And who should show up in the trailer for the second half of the same season but DARTH MAUL!!
- The press revealing that Saw Gerrera will be in a supporting role in Rogue One, the first animated character to make the jump to live-action. Bonus points for the fact that in the weeks leading up to the reveal, many people had mixed feelings on Rogue One due to the announced reshoots, which had many contradicting explanations, not to mention the fact that very little news about the movie itself came during those weeks. The reveal of Gerrera, as well as more background info on the other Rebels and Imperials, outright silenced those fears.
- In the trailer for Season 3 at the Star Wars Celebration Europe 2016, it is confirmed that GRAND ADMIRAL THRAWN will indeed be (one) of the main villains for the season. Also, Sabine gets a jetpack and the Dark Saber, Tom Baker is voicing the Bendu that Kanan encounters, and Maul takes the Ghost Crew hostage in order to force Ezra to become his apprentice, and shoves Kanan out of an airlock.
- A week before the Season 3 premiere of Rebels Katie Sackhoff confirmed that she is returning as Bo-Katan.
- The Ghost and Chopper both make cameos in Rogue One! Not only that, but a brief bit of background chatter gives us a line that nearly gave fans heart attacks: "General Syndulla, please report to the briefing room." Dave Filoni has even confirmed it's referring to Hera and not her father.
- A trailer for the mid-season premiere of Rebels' third season shows Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul. It's the rematch of the century folks.
- How do you top the re-introduction of the single most beloved Magnificent Bastard from Legends into the new canon? By revealing in the Season 4 mid-Season trailer that EMPEROR PALPATINE is coming to Rebels, and none other than Ian McDiarmid is returning to voice him. And Ezra's going to fight him. There has been a disturbance in the force, as if millions of fans just peed their pants at once, and then were silenced.
- The reveal of the mosaic of the Father, Son, and Daughter, with a very familiar convor on the Daughter's shoulder who later meets Ezra inside the Jedi Temple, confirming quite a few fan theories and possibly hinting at Ahsoka's return. Kanan wasn't kidding when he said the Empire was up to something big on Lothal.
- Fans suffering from Awesomeness Withdrawal after the finale of Rebels need not fret, and say hello to Star Wars: Resistance◊! And what we know so far sounds absolutely amazing:
- It's going to be portrayed in an Animesque art-style, and feature heavily around the high-speed fighter squadrons of the burgeoning Resistance.
- The series will be set during the Sequel Trilogy, and none other than Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie will be reprising their roles as Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma!
And The Fandom Rejoiced / Star Wars Rebels