Lil' Sweet is a character and mascot made by Keurig Dr Pepper and played by 2002 American Idol runner-up Justin Guarini. He is a three-foot tall, magical being who often appears when someone is in need of a sweet, low-calorie product or are "deserving of a reward", whereupon he gives them a Diet Dr. Pepper and then vanishes just as quickly.
Been reading TV Tropes all day, well you deserve the swe-e-et taste of a Diet Dr. Pepper:
- Ambiguously Human: It is never stated what he is exactly, Lil' Sweets is a mysterious, blatantly magical man half the size of a normal human, often appearing out of nowhere, his description not out of place with that of the Wee People of folklore.
- Everything's Better with Sparkles: To match his Glam Rock aesthetic, he often appears or disappears in a cloud of pink glitter.
- Fantastically Indifferent: Most of the time people shrug when this magenta-haired, three-foot tall man magically appears in an explosion of glitter and gives them Diet Dr. Pepper. The only time anyone is shocked or afraid is in the "Playhouse" commercial, where he spooks a girl by magically appearing in her playhouse, the girl screaming and running away.
- Incoming Ham: Whenever he appears, it is often in a cloud of glitter, him singing at a high pitch and power-sliding in.
- Mascot: Lil' Sweet was designed to promote Diet Dr. Pepper.
- The Rock Star: He has all of the looks and mannerisms of a Glam Rock sensation, to the point where most think he was inspired by Prince.