Generally, acronyms make poor trope names. However, there are exceptions to the rule. This is the place to decide which is which.
Acronyms to Keep
- Better on DVD - DVD stands for Digital Versatile Disc (formerly Digital Video Disc)
- BFG - more family- (and advertiser-)friendly than having a trope named "Big Fucking Gun" all over the website
- BFS - ditto for "Big Fucking Sword"
- The CSI Effect - CSI stands for the show CSI (which itself stands for Crime Scene Investigation or Crime Scene Investigator, depending on the usage)
- DVD Bonus Content - DVD stands for Digital Versatile Disc (formerly Digital Video Disc)
- Enhanced on DVD - DVD stands for Digital Versatile Disc (formerly Digital Video Disc)
- MST - originally "Mystery Science Theater", now a fan-speak verb meaning to give something the MST3K treatment
- Off-the-Shelf FX - "Off The Shelf Effects" (FX is a homonym, not an acronym)
- RPG Elements - "Roleplaying Game Elements"
- SNK Boss - SNK refers to the company "SNK Playmore" and its predecessor, "Shin Nihon Kikaku"
- CPR: Clean, Pretty, Reliable - "Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Clean Pretty Reliable" would probably be worse, but "Clean Pretty Reliable CPR" might be better
- G.I.R.L. - "Guy In Real Life". Ironic acronym.
- High-School A.U. - "High School Alternate Universe"
- Kidnapper's KFC - "Kidnapper's Kentucky Fried Chicken"
- Non-Lethal K.O. - "Non-Lethal Knockout"
- Sympathetic P.O.V. - "Sympathetic Point Of View"
- W.A.F.F. - "Warm And Fuzzy Feeling"
Expansions to Keep:
- Non-Player Character (NPC)
- One True Pairing (OTP)
- Original Video Animation (OVA)
- Unresolved Sexual Tension (UST)