- While all four are biological relatives due to the Senju and Uzumaki being cousin clans, Naruto is a part of the immediate family of Hashirama, Tobirama, and Nawaki because of being Tsunade's adopted son.
- Speaking of which, Tsunade and Jiraiya are a married couple in this fic.
- Shizune becomes friends with both Itachi and Shisui very early on in the story, when she never met either of them in canon. With Shisui in particular, their friendship turns to romance and they would later marry.
- Naruto and Hinata grow up as Childhood Friends, and they're already dating by the end of Part I.
- The Hyuga clan as a whole considers Naruto to be the son of a hero and treats him with a great deal of respect due to Tsunade having saved Hinata's mother's life. In canon their view of him was no different than anyone else in the village (prior to his and Hinata's marriage).
- Unlike canon, Naruto never has a one-sided crush on Sakura, at most viewing her as a friend.
- Iruka never grows closer to Naruto than he does with any of his other students due to Naruto already having an adoptive family.
- Tsunade and Shizune's feelings for each other are explicitly that of a mother and daughter instead of the ambiguous aunt-niece/master-apprentice relationship they had in canon.
- The only thing Maki has in common with Matsuri, Yukata and Mikoshi is that the four of them are Suna ninjas. In this fic, the former is the latter three's Jonin-sensei.
- Naruto and Karin attended the Academy together and, while not incredibly close, treat each other as family. In canon they barely interacted at all.
- Naruto is Childhood Friends with the Sand Siblings, having met the three of them when Jiraya took him on a diplomatic mission to Suna in his youth. Gaara also has a good relationship with Temari and Kankuro from the beginning thanks to him being far more stable rather than mellowing out during the Time Skip.
- Ino drops her crush on Sasuke early on and takes to hate him due to her father being killed by his mother during the Uchiha Insurrection.
- Kiba and Tamaki met during their years at the academy and develop a rivalry that's dripping with Belligerent Sexual Tension instead of just meeting and getting together offscreen like in canon. Similarly, Choji and Karui face off during the Chunin Exams before becoming Pen Pals over the Time Skip.
- With the exception of Team 10, all of the Genin teams are rearranged.
- Karin's crush on Sasuke was due to her thinking he was cute on her first day at the academy instead of a Rescue Romance. As a result, she loses interest in him during the lead up to the Chunin Exam finals and simply cares for him as a teammate.
- Naruto and Sasuke develop a Friendly Rivalry instead of the volatile relationship they have in canon.
- Fu never interacted with any of the Konoha 11 in canon aside from when she was brought back as an Edo Tensei zombie to fight Naruto. Here she is friends with most of the Konoha 15 (in particular with Kiba and Tamaki) and ends up dating Shino.
- On a geopolitical scale, Kirigakure is allied with Konoha and Sunagakure long before the Fourth Ninja War arc thanks to Konoha having aided Mei's rebellion during the Kirigakure Civil War.
- Tenzo/Yamato in canon had most his interactions with Team 7. While he still keeps a degree of contact with Kakashi, he's not shown interacting notably with Naruto, Sakura or Sai. He also becomes the Jonin-sensei of a team that includes Hinata's younger sister Hanabi, while in canon he never interacted with her.
- Sai has very few interactions with Naruto, with his character arc instead being spearheaded by Ino.
- Danzo boasts during his fight with Shizune and Shisui that he was a student of Mito Uzumaki. The identity of his jonin sensei in canon was never specified.
- Toneri is inducted into the Akatsuki and is partnered with Orochimaru. In canon, he doesn't interacted with any of its members as a result of the organization being dissolved and its members, except Orochimaru, being dead by the time of his introduction.
- Yakumo Kurama was recruited into Root and interacted with Danzo, whom she never interacted with in filler.
- Due to the combination of Sasuke never defecting to Orochimaru and Kimimaro being cured from his illness, Jugo not only never swore loyalty to him, but also doesn't know him.
- On the topic of Sasuke and Orochimaru, the former never becomes the latter's disciple.
- In the epilogue, it's explicitly stated either in story or in the Author's notes that Gaara and Matsuri and Lee and Yakumo got married and Mirai had Naruto as her Jonin-sensei. In addition, the genin teams for Boruto's generation have been switched up due to some of the new official couples that didn't exist in canon. The only major exception is 17th Ino-Shika-Cho trio, but even then they got a different Jonin-sensei.
Adaptation Relationship Overhaul / Son of the Sannin