I Am Dreadness is an ARG started in June 2014 when a guy called Frank started his blog "I Am Dreadness" about his dreams, anxieties and depression. After only a few posts he is greeted with his account being hacked by various people including a girl named Zelda Roswell(also known as R) and a plethora of entities out to get him, talking about him being necessary for some kind of game. Meanwhile loads of tumblr users were contacted by the main antagonist Dreadness, who gave them codes and various riddles to solve in order for them to understand the situation further. Eventually after the rules of this "game" are revealed its actually up to tumblr users to find out the secret which can win the game.
It's simpler than some other ARG to follow, but still the dedicated fanblog is recommended, especially since tinychat logs end up there.
But if you wish to follow it, here are some links:
- Frank's blog
- Zelda Roswell's Ask.fm
- myhellishslumber a blog kept by a victim of Rusalka, one of the member's of the pantheon.
The ARG has a small following and playerbase and is mostly praised for it's use of suspense, mystery and interesting antagonists.
- Action Girl: Zelda Roswell
- Alternate Reality Game: Duh.
- Arc Number: 713, marking the date when the game begins July 13th.
- Bi the Way: Dreadness, maybe.
- Dark Action Girl: Dreadness
- Did We Just Have Tea with Cthulhu?: Any conversation with Dreadness.
- Eldritch Location: Transcendance
- The Faceless: Tarnished Man & the Messenger
- Facial Horror: Dreadness
- Humanoid Abomination: Everyone in the Pantheon, The Messenger & The Worm.
- Madness Mantra: "Everything is fine" as a shout-out to Marble Hornets
- Relationship Reveal: Dreadness & the Tarnished Man, as well as the reveal of Dreadness' previous relationship with The Messenger
- Shout-Out: See Madness Mantra above.