AGuy on Oct 1st 2017 at 8:11:34 PM
Last Edited By:
AGuy on Jan 18th 2018 at 10:08:13 PM
Page Type: trope
The heroes have finally done it. All around, there are scenes of the villain's forces getting defeated, his men surrendering or dying, his infrastructure being destroyed. The villain, with few other options, is waiting in his bunker, or his fortress, hearing the sounds of fighting coming closer and closer to him. Or the villain could be hiding somewhere remote, finally found, as he hears people who are after him pounding on the door.
In this situation, there are several things he may be doing:
- He may be furious at his subordinates.
- He may be contemplating suicide.
- He may be wondering about where he went wrong.
- He may have one final ace up his sleeve, for his last stand.
- Or he may just be waiting for the inevitable.
Obviously bound to have spoilers.
- This is the main focus of the film Downfall - the final days of Hitler and his associates in World War II.
- In the True Ending of Asura's Wrath, the badly-beaten Chakravartin can only mumble about how this can't be happening because they are the only god. The only reason they haven't been killed at this point is because Mithra is begging Asura not to kill them because that will make all Mantra disappear, killing Asura as well.
- Command & Conquer: Tiberium Dawn has the end of the GDI campaign - Kane's forces are being smashed to bits, Kane's temple is taking heavy damage, and Kane basks in the light of the Ion Cannon as it destroys the temple.
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 has the ending of the allied campaign - Romanov's forces are getting destroyed on several fronts, from both Allied, ground forces and aircraft, Prism Tanks destroy his nuclear missile silo, and finally, commandos raid the Kremlin, capturing him.
- StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm has the ending of the campaign - the scene shows the outside of Arcturus Mengsk's palace, with the sounds of fighting and flashes of gunfire present, before Kerrigan and Raynor's confrontation with him.
Feedback: 33 replies