Coolguy31 on May 4th 2018 at 5:26:51 AM
Last Edited By:
Malady on May 21st 2018 at 12:34:37 AM
Page Type: trope
A gas that makes people lightheaded. While the gas takes affect immediately, the effects wear off within minutes. Causes the victim to act high.
- A lethal version of this is shown by The Joker, a toxin been used as part of his arsenal and is seen in all the media he appears, not just in the comics. The laughing gas (sometimes can be injected or in liquid form) he uses usually leaves their victims unable to attack and inconscious. Some variations even can produces death with unnatural smiles on their faces, in which the victims LITERALLY Die Laughing.
- In The Paleface, there is a scene where the dopey dentist pulls the wrong teeth and gets high on his own laughing gas.
- In Over the Hedge, RJ sprays Hammy with a can of laughing gas to make him come out of the hedge with no fear of humans.
- In an episode of iCarly Sam is given this for having teeth pulled and cavities filled, and it causes her to tell Carly that she kissed Freddie.
- An episode of Ellen has her going to the dentist and accidentally spraying herself with some while playing around before the dentist comes in.
- On The Flintstones, Barney goes to the dentist for a sore tooth and is put under with gas. Unfortunately, he's filled with too much gas, and he starts floating like a balloon.
- In the Willie Whopper cartoon "Stratos-Fear", Willie is filled with too much gas at the dentist and floats into outer space, where he's captured by Martian scientists who want to experiment on him.
Feedback: 32 replies