KDreader02 on Apr 12th 2018 at 6:45:04 PM
Last Edited By:
Arivne on May 6th 2018 at 12:45:55 AM
Page Type: trope
Synesthesia is a real life condition in which a person relates a sense to something else. Some see people in colors, or with flavors. It is similar to Tastes Like Purple, but is not fantasy based or temporary. It's something one is born with, and doesn't simply go away.
- In Top 10, Synesthesia Jackson uses her synesthesia to help her with detective work. In one case, she identifies a murderer by matching the music given off by their perfume to the music that she smelled on a victim.
- In Secret Series, The Midnight Sun targets children who has synesthesia.
- Heroes: In the final season of the original run, the character Emma Coolidge demonstrated her ability to see sound in the form of bright colors. However, her ability was to be able to manipulate the sound, using it to entice people and such.
- House of Anubis: Robert Frobisher-Smythe had synesthesia, allowing him to hide one of the third season's treasures behind a capsule that required having synesthesia to open, due to the color combinations being invisible without it. KT, his great-granddaughter, managed to open it by dulling her other senses and awakening her own synesthesia.
- In the 2018 TV adaptation of The Woman in White, Laura describes seeing sounds as colours.
- In Space Boy, Amy sees people as having different flavors. She sees her mother as mint, and her father as hot chocolate. The reason Oliver makes her curious is because he doesn't have a flavor.
Feedback: 17 replies