313Bluestreak on Jun 8th 2018 at 9:12:15 PM
Last Edited By:
313Bluestreak on Jun 16th 2018 at 1:46:02 PM
Page Type: trope
Here's an index about characters doing things that are above or below what is appropriately proportional.
- Cherry Tapping: Someone is defeated by a weak attack to humiliate them.
- Comical Overreacting: When characters overreact about something is Played for Laughs.
- Disproportionate Celebration: Characters celebrate over minor achievements.
- Disproportionate Restitution: Compensation far less than what is deserved.
- Disproportionate Retribution: An excessive punishment for an minor slight.
- Disproportionate Reward: The reward is much greater than the action that the receiver did.
- Felony Misdemeanor: When a minor crime is treated like a serious offense.
- Finger Poke of Doom: A weak attack (usually a finger poke) does more damage than intended.
- Law of Disproportionate Response: The importance of an event is inversely proportional to how intensely the characters react to it.
- Knight Templar Big Brother: Older siblings doing more than necessary to protect their younger siblings.
- Knight Templar Parent: Parents doing more than necessary to protect their children.
- Major Injury Underreaction: A character who is severely harmed reacts less proportionately than expected.
- Minor Flaw Major Break Up: Two characters break up over something that is trivial.
- Minor Injury Overreaction: A character overreacts badly over a minor injury.
- Minor Insult Meltdown: A character hurts another character more than they had intended with their choice of words.
- Rant-Inducing Slight: Built-up rage is released by a minor comment.
- Rationalizing the Overkill: A character justifies their excessive punishments they inflict.
- Restrained Revenge: A character dishes a lesser form of revenge against another right before forgiving him.
- There's No Kill Like Overkill: More force is used more than necessary.
Feedback: 7 replies