TheLoudHouseLynnHasADick on May 16th 2018 at 4:43:51 PM
Last Edited By:
Arivne on May 19th 2018 at 4:08:17 AM
Page Type: trope
A round head shape with a round cheek. This art style is especially common on recent western cartoons. It is often accompanied by oval eyes.
It doesn't literally mean a head shaped like a chewing gum ball. The Trope Namer is Gumball Watterson from The Amazing World of Gumball, which has this head shape along with the rest of the family, and was one of the first to use it.
Keep in mind that, while it gets used a lot, it doesn't necessarily mean unoriginality. Some cartoons with this art style have it for all or most characters, while others have it only for the main character(s) or a few, and the rest may even be a Cast of Snowflakes.
- The Amazing World of Gumball: The Trope Namer. The Wattersons have their heads shaped like this.
- Clarence: The titular character has this, but his eyes are round and one of them sticks out of the head slightly.
- Gravity Falls: Dipper, Mabel, and many other citizens.
- Steven Universe: Steven's head has this shape.
- Star vs. the Forces of Evil: Many characters have this head.
Feedback: 8 replies