Lawman592 on Oct 7th 2018 at 10:17:16 PM
Last Edited By:
Lawman592 on Oct 10th 2018 at 10:07:40 PM
Page Type: trope
These are things people eat that are funny. They can have funny names and/or look funny. In the case of the latter, Inherently Funny Foods are often part of a Visual Gag because, let's be honest, why else are bananas, eggplants, sausages, and melons funny (you know you were all thinking it)?
Sometimes the foods are funny because they taste funny or foul.
Unrelated to Erotic Eating, btw, in that the food(s) do(es)n't have to be consumed in order for the gag to happen.
- Gallagher, his "Sledge-O-Matic", and watermelons. There's a reason the first few rows of the audience have a big sheet of plastic in front of them.
- David Letterman on both Late Night and The Late Show with David Letterman dropped (among other things) pumpkins and watermelons from a tower simply because it was funny watching them get smashed on the pavement below.
- Bananas (funny sounding and funny looking)
- Eggplants (mildly amusing sounding but definitely funny looking)
- Anything in the melon family:
- Prunes: there's some humor in their name and appearance but it's their alleged side effects that's the source of most jokes involving them.
- Spam: funny name, funny looking, and (to some) funny tasting. The comedy trifecta.
- Cod Liver Oil: Not much funny about the name but its horrific taste is a prime source of comedy.
Feedback: 5 replies