Pichu-kun on Aug 2nd 2017 at 4:15:58 PM
Last Edited By:
Monolaf317 on Sep 26th 2017 at 8:56:56 AM
Page Type: trope
In fiction, a family that has many children will most likely have at least one set of twins (or possibly even triplets).
This trope can be used to increase the size of the family while not having huge age gaps between siblings. It also helps make make siblings in a large family more distinguishable. By having two be twins, the writer makes it easier for themself by grouping two into a set who can either share a personality or stand out via contrast.
- Brock from Pokémon is the oldest of ten siblings. The youngest two, a boy and a girl, are twins.
- Moko, best friend to Skip Beat! protagonist Kyoko, is part of huge, multi-generational family. note Of her 7 younger siblings, there is one confirmed set of twins. Her three older siblings (aged 24, 22, and 19) all have children as well and live at home with Moko's parents. Though not confirmed by the author, the style in which some of Moko's nephews are drawn makes it possible that her older sister has a set of twins and that her eldest brother's two children are twins.
Films — Animation
- Hans from Frozen is the last of thirteen brothers. The book A Frozen Heart reveals that his family has a set of fraternal twins, Rudi and Runo, who are the worst of Hans' Big Brother Bullies.
Films — Live Action
- Of the Tom and Kate Barker's twelve children in the film Cheaper by the Dozen, there are two sets of twins - seven year old fraternal twins Jessica and Kim, and five year old identical twins Kyle and Nigel. note
- The Weasley's from Harry Potter consists of seven children. Fred and George are the twins.
- In Ten Kids No Pets and the sequel Eleven Kids One Summer, the family has the number of kids indicated in the titles. Among the kids, Faustine and Gardenia are twins.
- The Silmarillion: Feanor and Nerdanel have seven sons, two of which are the twins Amrod and Amras.
- The Bluth family from Arrested Development has two sets of twins: brother and sister Michael and Lindsey and brothers George and Oscar. (George is Michael's and Lindsey's father.) However, the third season finale reveals that Lindsey is actually adopted and three years older than she thinks.
- 7th Heaven: Eric and Annie Camden start the series with five kids; they gain the twins Sam and David in the third season.
- Barbie: Out of Barbie's several siblings, she has a set of twins: Todd and either his sister Tutti (who has been Exiled From Canon) or Stacie (who has replaced Tutti).
- In Dream Daddy, almost every family has only one child. Both exceptions to the rule have both a set of twins and other kids besides: Joseph's family has a set of Half-Identical Twins and two other sons, and Craig's family has twin girls and a baby.
- In Precocious Tiffany is the oldest of five siblings, the two youngest are identical twins whom nobody but (allegedly) their mother can tell apart.
- Pinkie Pie has the most siblings out of any My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic character. She has three siblings, though Maud wasn't present in season 1's flashback. Pinkie herself is twins with her sister Marble.
- On the Classic Disney Short Casey Strikes Again, a sequel to Casey at the Bat, Casey has nine daughters, enough for a woman's baseball team. They include not just twins but a set of triplets as well.
- The Loud House is about a family with eleven children. The twins are 6-year olds Tomboy and Girly Girl Lana and Lola respectively.
- The Legend of Korra: Suyin Beifong has five kids, the youngest of which are the twins Wei and Wing.
- Kim Possible: Shego has four brothers; the youngest ones are twins.
Feedback: 28 replies