* If you weren't ready to cheer for Flash Gordon the instant you heard his theme song (by Queen!), then ''Flash Gordon'' was not the movie for you. What is most impressive is that ''we hadn't even been introduced to Flash yet''.
* Ming's entrance, set to an awesomely unsettling score.
* The football fight scene, made even more awesome by the fact that Flash was winning until Zarkov threw badly.
* Flash tricking Prince Barin into dropping his guard by pretending the Wood Beast bit him.
* Disputes among the Hawkmen are settled in the traditional way - a duel to the death. With whips. On a small round platform over a fifty-mile drop. [[UpToEleven Also, the platform spins and tilts.]] [[SerialEscalation Also, it sprouts spikes.]]
* Flash's later Crowning Moment is to capture War Rocket Ajax alongside the Hawkmen, then blow most of it up. He decides to stay and pilot the ship so that it'll crash into the lightning field surrounding Ming's palace, which will deactivate it. This would kill him in the process, but he's willing to accept that. Seconds before he hits it, Dr. Zarkov turns the shield off, and the wedding crowd watches in horror [[spoiler:as War Rocket Ajax crashes through the window and savagely impales Ming the Merciless InTheBack with its pointy nose]].
** On that note, "[[Creator/BrianBlessed Oh, well... who wants to live forever?]] '''DIIIIVEE!!!!'''"
* It's funny how no one remembers the one-hit wonder who played the titular Mr. Gordon, but ''everyone'' [[BestKnownForTheFanservice remembers who played]] ... ''Princess'' ... '''''Aura'''''.
* Prince Barin: [Takes Flash's hand] "Where you go, I follow."
** After his HeelFaceTurn, Prince Barin became a walking fountain of Crowning Moments, the first being his and Flash's double-teaming of Klytus.
* Zarkov resisting brainwashing by thinking of any piece of human culture that pops into his head.
* Dale's escape from the Harem. First she tricks one of the slaves into getting drunk and changing clothes with her, then she beats the shit out of the first guard to cross her path, starts a gunfight in which she kills two more before beating up a fourth, and then... picks up her heels and gets the heck out of Dodge. Flawless escape.
[[AC: The cartoon]]
* The series has very impressive rotoscoping, especially the spaceships and main characters.
* Any of Flash's slave revolts.
* Barin gets one when he shoots a carnivorous plant with an ice arrow, freezing it over instantly.
* Dale takes up Ming's sword to smash his computers.
* When Flash, Thunn and Princess Ariel face the horrific guardian monster, Zak, the monster seizes Thunn in his jaws and Ariel advises that they run as the monster feeds. Flash glares at her with an unspoken "Lady, that's not the way I roll!" and finds a way to save Thunn and then kill the monster with nothing but his wits. That is so unprecedented to Ariel that she doesn't know what lies ahead considering ''nobody'' had ever gotten past Zak before!
[[AC: Flash Gordon Zeitgeist]]
* [[http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/4208369.html This]] moment from issue 8.
* His later Crowning Moment is to capture War Rocket Ajax alongside the Hawkmen, then blow most of it up. He decides to stay and pilot the ship so that it'll crash into the lightning field surrounding Ming's palace, which will deactivate it and kill him in the process. Seconds before he hits it, Dr. Zarkov turns the shield off, and the wedding crowd watches in horror [[spoiler:as War Rocket Ajax crashes through the window and stabs Ming the Merciless in the back with its pointy nose]].
Showing 15 edit(s) of 25