How do you get something you want from another person? Logical arguments, diplomacy, trading, bribery, force, or — if you're a woman trying to persuade a man — the mere fact of having tatas.
Yes, because writers think All Men Are Perverts, women don't even need to pretend that getting sex is a likelihood or even a possibility. All they have to do is possess secondary sexual characteristics to get men to do their bidding. We mean, They're Men, They Can't Help It, right?
Can be Truth in Television, though of course in fiction it's often exaggerated. Compare the Lysistrata Gambit, which differs in that the characters are in a relationship and that sex is on the table, but still shares the underlying assumption about men's self control. See also Distracted by the Sexy, which is perhaps an unintended side effect, and Screw the Rules, I'm Beautiful!, for when it isn't necessary for a woman to have a couple of good reasons to do so. See Ignore The Fanservice for one way this gambit falls flat on its face. Another is for the woman to attempt this on a man by opening their shirt/showing "the goods," only to then find out that the man they're trying it on is gay.
Compare Glamour, where the effect is universal, and Favors for the Sexy, the voluntary, almost always male, response. Compare and contrast with the infamous Honey Trap, which is more subtly exploitative and usually far more sinister. Not surprisingly this crosses over with Marshmallow Hell on occasions. Sexposition is when the writers use this trope to get the audience to pay attention to plot exposition.
See also Show Some Leg.
- Ukraine tells Russia to 'show them your breasts!' in a flashback Axis Powers Hetalia. However, Ukraine has Gag Boobs that even have their own sound effect, while Russia's a dude.
- In the same scene, there's a Funny Background Event: little Belarus, listening to Ukraine's speech and making snow boobs.
- In Ben-To, Sen Yarizui uses this on both Hana and You to get them to join the Half-Priced Food Lovers club.
- Bleach: Rangiku Matsumoto's not above using her appeal to help her get what she wants, such as the time she tried to convince Ichigo to let her sleep at his house by unbuttoning her already partially undone blouse. Aside from the occasional reference (usually comedic, but sometimes insulting) in the manga and its related omakes, the anime takes this much further and has a field day using Matsumoto's chest as actual weapons to help her manipulate men (usually Hisagi).
- Faye Valentine in Cowboy Bebop hints that this may be the reason behind her iconic outfit.
- Bulma tries to invoke this occasionally on Dragon Ball. It seldom does much good: Yamcha is too bibbledy over her to be useful, Vegeta is too much of a Jerk Ass, and though Goku will usually help her out, it's because his Grandpa taught him to be nice to women, not because he is particularly attracted to them.
- One subversion in the early series actually involves Bulma offering a lot more than a peek to General Blue, who is consequently horrified by the prospect, hinting his tastes run ...elsewhere.
- The only time this tactic has worked for Bulma is when she has to cajole Master Roshi into giving up a dragon ball. Due to forces unexpected, she ends up giving Kame a bit more than she thought she did...
- One episode of Golden Boy has a busty blonde as an office boss.
- In episode nine of Kamen no Maid Guy Naeka infiltrates a cake shop for her friends to find out why the place is so successful. It turns out it has nothing to with the food because it's terrible. It's just that their mostly male customers are completely enamored with waitress all of whom have large breasts.
- Naruto, despite being male, tried to use this on Killer B via shapeshifting. It doesn't work, since B Likes Older Women. It worked on Jiraiya, though.
- Momoko Kibitsu from Ōkami-san and her "kibidango" that she uses to control her three fanboys (and Urashima) in a very tongue-in-cheek reference to the legend of Momotaro.
- Invoked and lampshaded in Otaku no Musume-san.
- The author even goes so far as to put in a sidebar note "Are huge breasts truly righteous!?"
- The H-anime Private Psycho Lesson tells the story of a hypnotherapist who uses her ample chest to hypnotize her patients.
- Suggested in the Beach Episode of Rahxephon. Ayato's drawing ability becomes known, Cathy McMahon subtly rubs one of her breasts in Ayato face, 'suggesting' that he pick her as his next subject.
- Ranma ½: What do you get when you take one protagonist that's a Manipulative Bastard With A Heart Of Gold and make him a Genderbender? That's right. This trope. Hellooooo, nurse!
- Rosario + Vampire: Kurumu Kurono may be a succubus who has the power to charm men into loving and obeying her, but having breasts big enough to suffocate the main character only makes it easier.
- You're Under Arrest! had one chapter about a topless mugger who used her breasts to distract targets before tasing them. "She" turned out to be a man wearing a harness with fake breasts attached to it that were rigged to shock anyone who touched him. The girls took him down with a bodysuit that had guns hidden in the breasts.
- In Young Justice, the first villain the team ever fought literally had this trope as her superpower. After she had retrieved a Super-Cycle from an archaeological dig, mousy but slightly hot Nina Dowd was transformed into the voluptuous Mighty Endowed. ME's power was the ability to shine, er... headlight-type beams from her newly ample bosom, hypnotizing all men who saw them. The responses from the guys were hilarious.
- For the record, she was defeated when her newly gigundus breasts caused her to lose her balance and fall flat on her face, blocking her powers. In a later appearance, she literally had to have a pair of male minions help her stand.
- Power Girl (the Most Common Superpower incarnate) tried to use this a time or two with varying levels of success. Lampshaded in Superman/Batman "Nevermind arc" when Superman, while he is trapped in Power Girl's body, gets information from a hotel manager.
Superman: I wish all my interrogations went so easily.Batman: It appears that there are more effective techniques than a rubber hose...
- A series of Dilbert comic strips showed a woman whose only quality was the ability to do this, much to the annoyance of the less "feminine" Alice.
- In Liberty Meadows, Jen convinces Frank to come with her to a party with this technique.◊
- During a fight with the Incredible Hulk in The Ultimates, The Wasp had to distract the Hulk. So, she just undid her top and showed her boobs in all their glory.
Nick Fury: A double PHD and all you could think of to distract the Hulk was the Mardi Gras special!?!?
- To get access to a corpse, Tim Drake had to dress as a female med student in a costume apparently created by Alfred. When Tim complains about the bust being too big◊:
Alfred: I made them big enough that you would get preferential treatment, but not so big that you'd be remembered.
- Bridget Keating's standard tactic in Knights of the Dinner Table.
- Lampshaded in Young Avengers by Hawkeye and her Kree boyfriend Noh-Varr:
Noh-Varr: Have I mentioned I have mind control saliva?Hawkeye: It's okay. Many parts of my body are mind control.Noh-Varr: This is true.
- Astérix provides a non-boobs example: Cleopatra may be an angry witch, destroying vases and sentencing people to death for petty reasons, but who will dare argue with her? She has such a pretty nose!
- Mai Valentine in Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series. Lampshaded all the time.
- Harry Dresden remarks on this trope in Child of the Storm, specifically about how Jean Grey could bend most young men to her will because of this entirely without resorting to her Psychic Powers.
- In Plan 7 of 9 from Outer Space our heroes express skepticism that a bionic woman is more intelligent than a man. She demonstrates by using her breasts as a Jedi Mind Trick on a male guard.
- Beyond the Outer Gate Lies... has a gender bending omake in which fem!Harry has this super power.
- In the Parody Fic Starship Hooters 3: Undresser this is revealed to be the Bug's Evil Plan for Captain Beck (played by Jolene Blalock, lately Ms. Fanservice of Star Trek: Enterprise).
BIGHUGECOCKROACH: "YOU ARE THE KEY TO ENDING THIS ENDLESS WAR AGAINST THE HUMANS. THROUGH YOU I SHALL INSPIRE SLAVISH WORSHIP AND GRATEFUL SERVITUDE."BECK: "How? By making the human race think that you're a god?"BIGHUGECOCKROACH: "NO. BY SHOWING THEM YOUR TITS!"Tentacles rip off Captain Beck's top, and millions of Trekkies bow down in worship...
- In the One Piece Gender Bender Fan Fic Mellorine Mellorine, Luffy immediately realizes he can use his new body to cajole extra servings out of their lady-loving chef. Sanji also realizes the same thing.
- A lot of Sonic the Hedgehog fans like to portray Rouge the Bat as this.
- Thousand Shinji: When Shinji is being more annoying than usual, Asuka tells him stop it if he wants to see her boobies "any time within the next decade". He stopped.
- Referenced in the The Hunger Games fanfic "I Am Not a Victim"; Glimmer- the District One female tribute in the first book and Katniss's ally in this fic- notes that the District One academy focused on physical power above all else, so she relied on her sexuality to help create the impression that she was a dumb blonde while 'encouraging' other students to help her.
- In "Chakotay's Brain", one of Sazzy's Gag Sub parodies of Star Trek: Voyager, Seven of Nine demands to be made Number Two after Captain Janeway gets rid of Commander Chakotay.
Janeway: Your amazing breasts...er...I mean powers of persuasion have worked.
- In Harry Potter and the Old Friend after Harry makes a suicidal dive to catch the Snitch during a Hufflepuff/Slytherin game, Susan drags him into his room and takes off her top and bra.
Susan: If you ever want to play with these again, let alone see them again, promise me you'll never pull another stunt like that one again.
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit: Jessica Rabbit uses this to her advantage.
- Erin Brockovich: When asked how she will gain evidence: "They're called boobs, Ed."
- Men in Black II: Serleena comments, "Silly little planet. I could rule the place with the right set of mammary glands."
- Attempted but not successful in Bordello of Blood.
Rafe: I'm not going to tell you those aren't the Breasts of the Century, but I'm just not digging the owner, so why don't you put those away - you're just not my type.
- In Waterworld, Helen strips in front of the Mariner to prevent him from throwing her child off the ship.
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines: Subverted. The TX is speeding in a stolen convertible and a police officer stops her. She spots a big Victoria Secret billboard with a model wearing a wonderbra and inflates her bust size before the cop walks up next to her. It works and the cop is momentarily distracted by her cleavage, but instead of using it to get away with speeding, she kills him for his gun.
- In Material Girls Hilary Duff's character watches Erin Brockovich and remarks that you can always get your evidence with nothing but a push-up bra. She invokes this when she tricks the security guard with a cleavage-revealing Little Black Dress.
- In Jennifer's Body, Megan Fox's character uses this to get drinks despite being underage. She later cites this trope almost by name to her best friend, telling her breasts are like smart bombs: you point them in the right direction and the magic happens.
- In The Cannonball Run a pair of jumpsuited beauties in a Lamborghini use this to evade speeding tickets. It ends up backfiring on them when they try it on a cop who, as they soon discover, has her own impressive assets in this area.
- During the rescue sequence of The Living Daylights, Bond gets a little help from this trope; his Big Beautiful Woman helper on the east side of the Berlin Wall distracts a guard by unveiling her assets. When last seen, the distracted party is planted face-first in them while the defector escapes.
- White Chicks: "Oh, Honey, you are so barking up the wrong tree right now."
- In Billy Madison, Veronica helps Billy study history by asking him what year certain events took place, removing an article of clothing for every correct answer. Unfortunately, his bus driver does the same thing.
- In the medieval comedy Gladiatrix, the heroine's newly acquired French husband is disappointed over her lack of breasts. When she magically acquires breasts during the course of the movie, she's able to return home and order her husband to carry out numerous household tasks.
- In The Heat Mullins invokes this when Ashburn is trying to seduce a mobster, telling Ashburn to "use your boobs!" Ashburn shoves the man's face into her cleavage. At least it worked.
- In Star Trek: First Contact and in later appearances in the television series, the Borg Queen seems to be consciously applying this trope. The Borg are extremely unsexy cyborgs, yet for some reason her (entirely mechanical) body has a decent pair of "nodes" and is designed so that her head and torso (the only parts of her that are organic) fit into it so that it looks like a rubber bodysuit with a low-cut neckline. Needless to say, her behavior is flirtatious and her technique for trying to subvert Data is outright seduction.
- In Dark Shadows, Eva Green's character pulls this on Johnny Depp:
Angelique: What if I made you [rekindle]?Barnabas: With what, a spell? A little doll filled with pins? That is not love.Angelique: (rips her suit off) With THIS!Barnabas: Oh.
- In Epic Movie, the White Bitch demands that Edward tell her where his siblings are. Edward refuses, until the White Bitch shows him her boobs, whereupon he instantly blurts out their location.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude, mentions that "The great swamp in the west mingled with a boundless extension of water where there were soft-skinned cetaceans that had the head and torso of a woman, causing the ruination of sailors with the charm of their extraordinary breasts."
- The Promise from The Sweet Potato Queens' Book of Love is related to this.
- In the earlier Discworld books it's mentioned that people are practically lining up to be arrested by Angua because of her... unique talents.
- This, of course, is stated before it becomes clear that she's a werewolf capable of shredding anyone who resists arrest ...
- In The Dresden Files novel Turn Coat, Harry's apprentice Molly gets information out of a rival P.I. by employing this trope. She takes off her bra under her T-shirt, and uses a cold beer bottle to...... bring attention to the fact she's not wearing a bra, before going to talk to the guy in his air-conditioned car. As Harry comments, "He didn't stand a chance".
- In American Gods, Media tries this on Shadow through the TV while in the body of Lucy from I Love Lucy. It Makes Sense in Context. "Have you ever wanted to see Lucy's tits?"
- In Warbreaker, Blushweaver - the goddess of lust and honesty - shamelessly employs her divine mammaries to manipulate her fellow gods.
- Attempted by Jenna on 30 Rock. Upon arriving at a restaurant, the Maitre'd tells her it will be a 45 minute wait. She bends over, opens her top button... And it's still going to be a 45 minute wait.
- "When we get there, the drinks are on these!" Penny, in The Big Bang Theory.
- In the pilot of Bones, Angela is waiting for Brennan at the airport, but finds the arrivals board broken and therefore has no idea at which terminal Brennan's plane has arrived. She goes to speak to a serviceman, who is too busy punching keys to talk to her. After about ten seconds of being ignored, she rips open her shirt, showing off a very nice pair of breasts(in a very nic lacy bustier, this is network television, pervs). The FATASS man then gives her his full attention.
Angela: Yeah. Hi. The flight from Guatemala?
- Aaaand then Brennan walks up behind her.
Brennan: Tell me you tried "Excuse me" first?
- Aaaand then Brennan walks up behind her.
- Used quite frequently as a joke in Brass.
- Averted in Casados Con Hijos: Laura and Coqui try to buy something expensive, so Laura hugs sensually the salesman and asks for a discount. "Excuse me, I'm gay". So she leaves him... and makes Coqui hug him sensually instead, and ask for the discount. "Excuse me, I'm gay, but not desperate".
- An episode of Friends begins with the cast discussing who's going to say what about Joey's new show without hurting his feelings (they pass around the Damned by Faint Praise standbys like "the lighting was good.") Phoebe doesn't have to say a word — she just presses him against her chest. His response? "... It wasn't that good."
- It later turns into a Brick Joke when his show gets canceled. As Joey is completely distraught, he asks "It was a good show! Right!?" Then both Rachel and Phoebe press him against their chests simultaneously.
- In "The One With All the Football," Rachel, Monica and Phoebe have to figure out some way to defeat the guys in a football game. Phoebe flashes Chandler, distracting him enough to enable her to steal the ball.
- In Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, Aphrodite manages to stop a huge brawl dead in its tracks simply by taking her top off. Herc thinks she's losing her touch if she has to get naked to do it.
- Heroes: Claire Bennet pulls this, convincing a man to enter a drinking contest with her (which she knows she can't lose, thanks to her regenerative powers) by removing her shirt.
- Zig-zag: An episode from a short-lived NBC sitcom called House Rules had a scene of a little girl in a dress hanging upside down from a playground monkey bar. She had a tip jar on the ground next to her, accepting tips for letting people see her exposed panties.
- In an episode of How I Met Your Mother, Robin and Lily are trying to get back into a club where Robin was on the VIP guest list, but since the bouncers changed shift, the current one won't believe that she is supposed to be let in. Robin and Lily flash him and get allowed in, giving a gratuitous flash to the nerds standing near the door. (Lucky guys!)
- And when Lily's boobs got bigger due to pregnancy, Barney is instantly attracted. He even makes a bet with Marshall and Lily that he can perform a Japanese-style cooking in exchange for permission to touch Lily's boobs or else he will be forced to wear Marshall's duckie tie for a year. In the end, Barney loses the bet when Lily flashes him.
- In the first episode of The Inbetweeners, the boys are discussing whether or not they'll get served at the pub. Simon doesn't want to look like a loser in front of his crush, Carly, if he doesn't get served which leads to this:
Will: She might not get served.Simon: Girls always get served. As soon as they get tits they get served.
- In the penultimate episode of the British comedy Is It Legal?, Darren's girlfriend convinces him to look for another job (and deflects his question over whether she stole money from one of his co-workers) by pulling up her top and showing him her bare breasts.
- Used by a teenaged criminal in the fourth season opener of Justified. "She showed me her titties and ran out the back."
- Played very darkly once in Law & Order: Special Victims Unit when a girl uses this to convince her boyfriend to rape her little sister.
Lucifer: How did you even find your way here?Mom: Well it wasn't difficult. I simply smiled at a male human and asked him to take me.
- Lucifer's mother Body Surfs into the body of Tricia Helfer and even though she's completely unfamiliar with life on Earth, she quickly works out the ground rules.
Chloe: How did you get in here? (the police station)Maze: Let's just say Samantha at the front desk is no longer into men.
- Unusually for this trope Mazikeen is quite willing to use it on the ladies as well.
- Played quite literally in Misfits where one girl has hypnotic tits. That isn't a figure of speech, her (involuntary) power is to cause men to stare at her breasts and then do whatever she tells them to.
- Haley on Modern Family prepares to bring this trope into play when she needs to obtain the last of a very popular toy as a Christmas present and it has just been grabbed by a man. As she adjusts her cleavage and makes her approach, she overhears the man on his cellphone and realizes that he is a Camp Gay. Foiled, she has to find another way to get the toy away from him. Jay also uses this to land a big deal with a difficult customer. He has Gloria present from a brochure about his products, while holding it strategically positioned beneath her breasts which are showcased by a low-cut top. The client is absolutely mesmerized.
- On New Girl, Cece tries to use this on Schmidt (explicitly to lure him into sex when he insists he needs to work). He manages to resist, pulling a gender-swapped Lysistrata Gambit, in part because he's upset she was bragging earlier about having all the control in their relationship.
- In The Office, Jan gets Michael to rekindle their relationship by getting implants. Michael had no desire to get back together with her until she showed him the goods. Michael maintained that it was not shallow but "emotionally magnificent".
"You made a good argument...Hers was bigger."
- In the first episode of Outlaw, Lucinda (Carly Pope) tells Eddie that she's going to get the construction plans she needs from a government office by flashing her breasts. She gets the plans, but it's left ambiguous as to whether she actually had to flash her breasts to get them or was just teasing Eddie.
- Elliot and Jordan on Scrubs both do this fairly frequently. Although Elliot would use this on J.D., at times she had some ethical dilemma because she didn't want to build a reputation on her sex appeal (with others telling her it is okay because as a female doctor she got the short end of the stick anyway). Jordan, not being a doctor or even a real working woman, has no qualms about that.
- At one point, Elliot believes that her breasts have miraculous healing powers that enable her to cure sick patients by showing them off.
- In the Seinfeld episode "The Gum", Elaine does it by accident; a button falls off from her blouse, resulting her showing a great amount of cleavage, but she doesn't notice it, until she easily convinces a policeman to tell a florist to disconnect a hose he was washing the sidewalk with.
- In another episode, while meeting with an NBC executive, George is caught looking at his teenage daughter's cleavage, so the executive turns down their idea for a show. To get revenge George and Jerry make Elaine basically shove her cleavage in the executive's face, thus causing him to reconsider the show.
- On Spartacus: Blood and Sand, especially in the case of Roman women such as Ilithyia and Lucretia, you can tell a woman wants something based on her showcasing them while making her request or demand. Averted with slaves however, as they are often forced to go topless by default, making it a case of their masters and mistresses saying "You have boobs and you must obey".
- Averted in the Stargate Atlantis episode "Trio", when McKay, Keller and Carter are trapped underground, and McKay suggests that Carter should offer a glimpse of her breasts to motivate a group of boys to help them. Carter, appalled and incredulous, refuses. Keller just ignores him.
- Star Trek: Enterprise revealed that the entire Orion race basically works this way.
- Donna in That '70s Show works this one out and subsequently manages to convince guys of things by just showing her bra strap. She also lampshades this one with a downward look:
Donna: These things are awesome!
- In an episode of 3rd Rock from the Sun, Sally conducted an experiment to see how much abuse a man would take from a beautiful woman before he would tell her to go to hell. She invited a man over and bossed him into doing an endless series of chores, never once showing an interest in him. Eventually, he collapsed from exhaustion and she exclaimed, "Oh my god! I'm so hot I killed him!"
Sally: Hey, buy us a couple of beers?Man: Sure. So are you girls going to the big game?Sally: We don't want to talk to you, we're just broke.
- One time Sally and Nina went to the watering hole. Sally approached some random guy.
- Subverted in another episode. In an effort to reduce Mary's parking ticket fines, Officer Don has her assigned to a judge who is easily influenced by cleavage. However, they change judges at the last minute and Mary ends up doing her flirty act for a strict, serious judge who charges her with contempt of court. Double subverted in The Tag when the same judge offers to reduce the fines and eliminate the contempt charge if she spends the weekend with him at a hotel. Mary turns him down on the basis of his choice of hotel.
- Will & Grace: Karen Walker tries to do this to a cop (Vince) when pulled over for reckless driving by making them talk to him in baby voices. It doesn't work.
- The song "My Blouse" by Carrie Dahlby is about a woman getting out of a traffic ticket.
- According to some Catholics, Jesus answers to His mother, the Virgin Mary, in heaven whatever petitions she brings forth to Him, because she shows Him the breasts which she has fed Him with.
- Marlena (Terri Runnels). Played straight, later averted.
- Straight: On the premiere episode of Shotgun Saturday Night, January 4, 1997, Goldust (w/Marlena) faced The Sultan (Rikishi) (w/Mr. Bob Backlund). At one point, the Sultan had Goldust trapped in the camel clutch. Marlena got up on the apron and, with her back to the camera, lowered the top of her dress (though she was wearing a paste-on bra), causing Backlund to freak out and attempt to cover the Sultan's eyes. Goldust ultimately won by countout, and Marlena was jokingly announced as the "winner."
- Averted. Crossed with Real Life Writes the Plot: Under her own name, she the manager for the Radicals (Dean Malenko and Perry Saturn) in early 2001. Saturn had faced Mike Bell on the May 12 (taped May 7), 2001 episode of Jakked in a match where Saturn got dropped on his head and retaliated by stiffing the heck out of Bell, leading to him being Put on a Bus for a few weeks. On the May 21 episode of Raw, Terri entered the APA's office and attempted to distract them by pouring their beer on her white shirt. Later, the APA faced Saturn and Malenko (w/Terri, who had changed to a robe) in a match where, as Saturn's punishment for stiffing Bell, the APA beat the heck out of him, with Bradshaw No-Selling Terri flashing him. This led to Saturn's gimmick of saying goofy things that always ended with him saying "You're welcome!" and carrying around a mop he called "Moppy."
- Miss Jackie Gayda. She flashed Rob Conway, with her back to the camera, during the Rico-Rob Conway (w/Rene Dupree) match on the January 26, 2004 Raw, leading to Rico winning the match. During the postmatch replay, Lawler was so flustered he mixed up the names of La Resistance.note
- The seguidilla in Carmen. After being arrested, Carmen convinces José to let her go by singing a song that can be summed up as "I'm available, let's meet at an inn later tonight."
- Dragon's Dogma has the character Madeleine, a traveling merchant who's not above leaning over a bit more when she doesn't get what she wants by asking.
- This is Kenny's field ability in South Park: The Stick of Truth. Keep in mind that Kenny is a 9-year old boy dressed up as a princess, yet the ability proves very effective with other boys of his age.
- One of the protagonists of Octopath Traveler is Primrose, an erotic dancer whose unique Path Action, "Allure", convinces NPCs to follow her. They'll even provide assistance by fighting alongside her in combat for several turns.
- While Maya Fey of Ace Attorney is reasonably small-breasted, her (dead) sister Mia has a much larger bosom. On one occasion Maya channels her to fill out a waitress outfit that Maya was wearing, thus convincing an older witness with a maid fetish to give them information. Mia is not pleased about her role in the ploy. It's also used in one of the short oekaki comics in the Case Files manga, where Maya channels Mia in order to get the waiter to give her another serving of pork... And in case 3 of the first game when a kid (a witness) will not cooperate with Phoenix, but will do whatever Mia tells him to.
- In School Days, depending on the-player-as-Makoto's actions towards Kotonoha and Sekai, the usually shy Kotonoha can decide to openly use her sex appeal (especially regarding her Gag Boobs) so Makoto will stay with her and ditch Sekai. There's a very uncomfortable scene dedicated to this: when Kotonoha finds out that Makoto has cheated on her with Sekai, her reaction is to manipulate Makoto by playing on his guilt over the cheating to get him to feel her up... Then she takes photos of Makoto groping her Gag Boobs, sends them to Sekai and uses them to force Sekai to break things off.
- In Casey and Andy, time-traveling Jenn gives this as the reason why the younger Casey and Andy have to agree to help her time-travel back home.
- Actually backfires and plays into the plot. It led to a crush, which led to the seduction of the past-Jenn, and her being married to Andy in the present, which she then has to go back and fix.
- Hell, Satan explains what finishing touches she put on woman come Creation.
- This is a life strategy of Julia Greenhilt from The Order of the Stick. When she tries this on Durkon ("Don't you want to pay attention to the girl with the boobs?") and he doesn't react, she decides he's gay and catatonic. He later (off screen) subjects her to a talk about respecting her body.
- In Questionable Content, Ellen wears short-shorts to coerce Steve to help Marten move.
- Misfile: Ash, being an involuntary Gender Bender, is understandably reluctant to exploit her rather ample chest in this way, leading bewildered flat-chested Missi to fantasize about what she would do if she had Ash's "assets" in the page image above.
- Sinfest: Monique does it frequently. Admittedly she usually uses her buttocks, but the principle is the same.
- Jade's sister, Miranda, in PvP does it to virtually anything male. It only has about a 50% success rate. Brent tries to resist it (and usually does), Cole has too much business ethics, and Max is (at the time closeted) gay. It works perfectly on Francis and Jason and most passers-by. Miranda typically counters this with a rapid fire approach.
- Jamie in Girls with Slingshots uses her... considerable assets to get free drinks.
"You've been giving me boob discounts?!"
- It's actually so second-nature to her that there's a minor plot arc when an extra-cold winter forces her to stash the cleavage, and she discovers that she's actually gotten to the point of doing it involuntarily. She's rather taken aback to discover that even her closest friends have been swayed by it.
- She's not entirely innocent, as she didn't even take money when going to a bar because "That's what guys are for". Unfortunately, she was in a gay bar and was shocked that it didn't work there. "Powers...weakening..."
- Sometimes used by Lilah in Ctrl+Alt+Del to make Ethan do things.
- These were used to instantly cure him of his addiction to Everquest; an addiction that otherwise took at least two weeks of therapy to cure.
- Ethan claims to have learned from this, and later attempts to use his penis to create this effect on Lilah. This does not work at all.
- Daisy from Daisy Is Dead tries to do this, but it only worked when she was still alive. Being a zombie complicates things.
- Joked about in Sam & Fuzzy.
- Intentionally parodied by Robin DeSanto in Shortpacked! who wants to use her body to influence people, only she just can't figure out how.
- It's mainly because she's trying to seduce a gay guy.
- She does successfully use them to secure her position in congress. According to the headlines: "Polls surge, Constituency firm and erect."
- Beautifully lampshaded in this DMFA strip.
- Inversion in Yet Another Fantasy Gamer Comic, where Wolf's status as having the best ass in the Underdark allows him to sleep his way up the ranks — he's a male Drow in the female-dominated world of the Dark Elves.
- From Sluggy Freelance: "Y'know, times like these make me want to invest in a push-up bra."
- Used in this and this issue of Exiern.
- In Ménage à 3, Yuki does it with Gary.
- In an Easy Skankin guest comic crossover with Ansem Retort, Dingy tries to invoke this on Duke to get him to do a guest comic for her. He points out that her boobs violate the Geneva Convention, and also that, if he did this, she would have to admit that she was lazier than a sprite comic artist. She relented.
- Memorably carried out in MegaTokyo.
- It's Walky!: "This is a clear abuse of power". Though, since this is the Walkyverse, it's also shown to backfire as well.
- Cecania of Sore Thumbs is aware of this trope.
- Defied in Dominic Deegan:
Barkeep: Very nice, Melna, but you still have to pay for those beers.
- Enjuhneer: Penny tries it out on Julian here, but is mortified that it actually caused him to put a petty concern of hers above his finals. Kali later makes uses of Lyta's boobs to open doors.
- Sahira of Spinnerette jokingly refers to this as "Wonder Twin powers." Spinnerette treats it as an actual superpower on par with her own abilities, though Sahira's more relaxed about it.
- Sabrina Online has Tabitha understanding quite early how it works.◊
- In this strip from Slimy Thief Aisha wants to join the thieves guild but they reject her because they're no longer accepting new members. However, when Aisha shows off her Breast Expansion powers they make an exception.
- Another reluctant Gender Bender example shows up in Sailor Sun, when Bay makes sure she's showing a lot of cleavage when she goes to the immigration office to find out why she's being deported.
Bay: "Man, I hate having to resort to this."
- Schlock Mercenary's Edward Bunnigus has this as part and parcel of her "exotic dancer" gene package. However, her bundled hyper-intelligence package enables her to weaponize it. Overreacting Airport Security beware.
Kathryn Flinders: ...You broke that boy's brain with the look on your face. I can read a man and figure out his hot-buttons. You, though... You read that ingress agent, found his buttons, and then told him which one you were going to push.
- Orneryboy: Dirtygirl is losing a video game session, but finds a way to distract Orneryboy and turn the tables on him.
- Far Out There: Technically, Layla doesn't FLAUNT her boobs (usually), but she most definitely has them, and the boys absolutely obey.
- Grrl Power's Dabbler, being a succubus, has literally hypnotic breasts, which she uses to troll straight girls and titillate anybody with any attraction to females. Sydney's plan for defeating Vehemence requires distracting him with Dabbler's jiggling jubblies.
- Tink and Clara convince Codex to try this in The Guild to make an attractive neighbor forget that she threw up on him.
Clara: More cleavage!
Codex: I don't have more!
Tink: She means get more out.
- This comic strip on DeviantArt shows that lesbians are just as susceptible to the power of boobs as straight men.
Girl: Hi, I heard you were a lesbian.
Author Avatar: [Rants about being pigeonholed by this single trait] ...I've had just about enou—
Girl [unzips her top]
Author Avatar: Hi, I'm a lesbian.
- In the Fark video "World of Wifecraft", the husbands can be perpetually killed by their wives (necessitating that they run back to their bodies from the graveyard) because the wives' breasts instantly raise them to max level.
- This Cracked article clearly explains the power of boobies.
- MSF High Forum
- Calypso has discovered this power. The world may be doomed.
- Lily, meanwhile, has discovered the inverse. "I am cute Pettanko, you must obey"
- Tom from Echo Chamber begins sleeping with his Psycho Ex-Girlfriend Shannon again because she has great boobs.
- When Germaine gets a job at a local coffee shop in an episode of Neurotically Yours, she acknowledges to Foamy about how all she has to do is wear very revealing shirts to show off her cleavage (and ginormous boobs), and she gets more tips. Said tips start to decrease once she gets a breast reduction.
- Parodied here in "How To Succeed At Job Interviews, Or Just About Anything, Really." Nice boobs will get you a job.
- Used in The Fate of Paul Twister, by Aylwyn of all people! Though her delivery is less of a command/coercion and more like "I already know you will obey, because I have boobs."
- In 'Bro Team Pill's review of Singularity, Broteam gets sidetracked from his incoherent rant about time spheres when he notices a woman.
Broteam: There's even balls on the front of this guy's shirt, and for some reason they make me want to do whatever this guy says.
- Yugioh The Abridged Series: Thea tries this during the Cancelled Series story arc to convince Kaiba to come with them. It doesn't work.
Kaiba: Those... are... very nice, but I'm not interested.
- Francine from American Dad! is a practiced expert at this. In the episode "My Morning Straitjacket", to help Stan get backstage to meet the lead singer of My Morning Jacket, she pulls this against several security staff, including flashing her breasts and making out with another woman.
- She attempts it (and fails) in another episode, trying to get something out of some CIA agents. Lowering the straps of her dress doesn't work, giving him her panties (taken off right in front of him) doesn't work, but the second she mentions her brownies his partner charges over in a Humongous Mecha and takes them. "He makes it hard to negotiate," the first scientist remarks.
- During an early episode of Family Guy, Peter recalls trying to get out of a speeding ticket by pulling his shirt up to expose his man boob.
- The Robot Chicken sketch "The Lion, the Witch and the Locker", a parody of The Chronicles of Narnia. The RC-nerd wound up in Narnia and the White Witch asked him to help her to defeat the talking lion, Aslan (referred to "an allegory for Jesus" and "the Jesus-allegory-lion"). When the Nerd wondered if a mere lion (albeit a talking one) was worth his effort, she just sighed and showed him her boobs. He instantly agreed to obey.
Video Store Owner: That will be $68.50...(the Nerd flashes him and the guy gasps) by which I mean free!
- Following a Gender Bender moment, he does this at the video store.
- Marge discovers the advantages of having large breasts in The Simpsons after (accidentally) getting breasts implants.
- Exaggerated, then Defied on South Park. Bebe, who's nine, begins developing very tiny breasts, and suddenly all the boys in school think she's super smart and special for reasons they can't explain. Eventually, everyone's so determined to make her their friend that they devolve into cavemen and begin fighting each other. Bebe chooses to defy this trope, and eventually the boys learn how to do so too.
- Used in an episode of Stroker and Hoop where a henchwoman had the ability to hypnotize people regardless of gender by getting them to stare at her breasts. She also swirls them around, like a hypno-spira.
- Invoked accidentally by Heather in Total Drama when she tries to cut Harold's tether during the water-ski challenge, but her shirt got swagged off a nearby tree branch leaving her topless. Harold, who got a full sight at Heather's boobs during the incident, becomes distracted and crashes into a rock losing the challenge. He spends the rest of the episode in a trance uttering the word "boobies".
- The original '80s shirt said ALL THIS AND BRAINS TOO.
- Abercrombie & Fitch used to sell T-shirts for girls that read right across the chest: "WHO NEEDS BRAINS WHEN YOU HAVE THESE?" A group of teenage girls protested and managed to get the shirts pulled from the shelves.
- T-Shirt Hell sells a shirt which reads "I'LL BE USING THESE TO MY ADVANTAGE".
- One T-shirt is a played with example, subverting boobs and using sexy bottom. Who needs big tits when you have an ass like this.
- The band Silverfish had a slogan Hips, Tits, Lips, Power which also found its way on to a T-shirt and sums this trope up quite nicely.
- One 80's shirt that said OBJECTS UNDER THIS SHIRT ARE LARGER THAN THEY APPEAR.
- There are shirts with "OBEY" written over the breasts.
- Weirdly enough, mostly worn by men (although those may be a Banksy/Andre the Giant reference).
- One that panders to the tabletop-RPG crowd: two twenty-sided dice, 20 side up, and the caption, "Yes, they're natural." (Some TTRPG systems have a roll of a natural 20 automatically succeed on certain checks.)
- There are numerous cases of topless robbers who use this distraction to keep victims from getting a good description of their faces... a plan which is frequently prone to failure.
- The ancient Greek courtesan Phryne got acquitted from a trial for sacrilege by showing her breasts to the (all-male) jury. This is also a case of cultural dissonance, though; in ancient Greece, physical beauty was often seen as a symbol of favor by the gods, so displaying her body was a legitimate rebuttal to charges of sacrilege.
- Jennifer Tilly is known for using all of her assets to her advantage when playing poker. Here is a small album of her poker plots over the years. (Shannon Elizabeth is also a professional poker player but she dresses more like a civilian at the tables.)
- This is so pervasive in Real Life that studies were actually conducted, finding that a female's earning power increased roughly 5% with every extra letter in cup size, especially in service-oriented jobs where tips make up a large proportion of income.
- Mythbusters tested whether larger breasts resulted in a larger tip by having Kari work in a coffee shop, first with her normal bust, then with Suppressed Mammaries, and finally wearing a set of prosthetics to give her a substantially increased cup size. While they found no statistical difference in the tips she received with the smaller bust as compared to her normal size, there was a definite increase tips when she wore the larger breasts - to the tune of nearly 40% more, with larger tips from both men and women. (Of course, it was in San Francisco). Proving once and for all the old adage that there is only one letter difference between "tits" and "tips".