Let me just start off by saying this is my first Pokemon game since D/P/P. I have read up on the games since then though.
- Best graphics of the series. Isn't really saying much, but it's there.
- Fairy types. About time dragon got a nerf. Steel and poison buffs are okay, though whether they'll actually increase usage is debatable.
- Super Training. The end of grinding IV training. Now if only they'd make the EV guy easier to use.
- Mega-Evolution. It's just really cool. Incredulously unbalanced, but really cool.
- Only 75ish new Pokemon. Most people say this is a bad thing for some reason. But I've never been a fan of the hundred or more new Pokemon introduced in most generations. First of all, there are too many Pokemon already. Secondly, I think the quality of Gen 6's mons are a lot better, with a few notable exceptions.
- Friends. Your in-game friends were less two dimensional. And they actually spent time with you.
- Online play. Online play in this game is great. Wondertrade, O-powers, all of it.
- Looker missions. Really nice change of pace actually. And it had an actual plot.
- Lumoise City. It's so big and actually city-like.
- Anti-Frustration Features
. They should've had these a long time ago.
- Plot length. Somehow, even with all the time saving, the main plot took me over 40 hours. That's probably because I tend to dawdle, but still.
- Fairy types. Bug got a very unnecessary nerf.
- Pokemon Ami. This is really a personal preference. But I wasn't a fan. Maybe it's just because I'm heartless.
- Plot. Never Pokemon's strong suit, so this is just a general complaint about the series.
- Difficulty. I like this version of the EXP share, but could they not at least had the elite 4 go up in levels when you faced them again?
- Team Flare. I hope they were supposed to be as silly as they are.
- Post game. Besides the looker missions, there was really no post game. Not compared to D/P/P, anyways. This is my biggest complaint. I want some sort of replay value.
- 3D. Would've been nice to have a fully 3D Pokemon game, even if I rarely use 3D.
- Friends. In my opinion, Trevor and... that dancing kid were both incredibly annoying. Your rival's kind of annoying too, but at least they help out. Shauna's probably the most tolerable, but even then.