is a turning point in the game series, shifting it towards being more character- and story-based. The gameplay is still there, though, and is some of the best that Cave
has to offer.
- The soundtrack is Manabu Namiki's first for Cave but fits well with the atmosphere.
- The art style is very distinct, hardly anime-esque at all, and quite gloomy.
- The stages are much more distinguishable from each other than in DonPachi and DoDonPachi
- The characters and their stories are not typical cheesy Robot Girl at all
- The graphics and sound quality are worse than DoDonPachi. It was a good thing Cave moved away from the PGM arcade hardware quickly, although that hardware also gave us Ketsui
- Unlike all of the other games in the series, there is no ship with turning shot.