Reviews: Jane Austen
Jane Austen is Not Everybody's Cup of Tea -
You will know if she is yours if you find yourself plowing desperately through that dense early 19th c. prose impatient to see what happens next!
- Surely Edward won't marry that horrible Lucy Steele!
- Marianne must see that she's better off without Willoughby!
- Oh God, surely Mrs. Bennett can't get any worse (and then she does)
- Somebody just shoot Lady Catherine, please.
- Fanny Price - pitiful victim or passive aggressive manipulator?
- Edmund Bertram - hopeless prig, no two ways about it.
- Run, Mr. and Miss Crawford, Run!
- Emma, Emma, Emma....!