From the moment I first saw the trailer for it about a year before this review was made, I've always had an interest in Just Cause 2
. Fun gameplay centered around shit going boom
? Beautiful graphics
I was nearly sold, but I held off on it for a while until December of 2012, when I finally got it, and this I can say - it is one of the best games I have played in 2012.
- Absolutely stunning to look at.
- Vast wealth of collectables will have you coming back for at least a 40 - 50+ hour playthrough.
- Fun, intense gameplay.
- Transportation and weapons can be purchased at any time from the Black Market - once you unlock all of them of course, which, thankfully, doesn't take as long as you think.
- So unbelievably over the top.
- Storyline isn't really there. Core game can be finished around 7 - 8 hours (although as mentioned before, post game can push 50).
- Audio clipping. Often. Although this can be nitpicking.
- Noticable frame drops.
- Neither Pros nor Cons:
- Vehicle physics. Cars are twitchy; even the slightest touch on the left analog stick might send a car careening into a wall, although this can be intentional.
- Terrible voice acting that reaches the point of hilarity.
- The game is difficult, you will die often. This can be frustrating to players new to TPSes or Wide Open Sandbox games, or can provide an added sense of challenge to getting 100% (or rather, 99.5%) completion.
- Little ammo to be gotten from downed enemies. Again, can add a sense of challenge.
- Quick time events. Let's just leave it at that.
Should you buy Just Cause 2
? Stop reading and buy it now, it's pros vastly outweigh it's cons. 9 out of 10