Reviews Comments: Quite possibly the best game ever made
Quite possibly the best game ever made
What can be said about Mass Effect 2 that hasn't been said a million times? It is perhaps the defining game of our generation. The Super Nintendo had Donkey Kong Country, the PS 1 had Final Fantasy VII. And now we have Shepard. Outside of maybe Arkham City one of the best games ever made, mixing the best from Call Of Duty, Gears Of War and Halo. A bold statement. So what makes this game so great? Let's examine some of the noteworthy tropes within.
- Action Girl
- Bad Ass
- Crowning Moment Of Awesome: You rack one up every ten minutes if you have to wait that long.
- Doing It For The Art: One of the reasons why the game is so good is the level of detail in the smallest...details.
- Earn Your Happy Ending
- Fan Service: From sexy outfits to oscure shout outs to hard science, the game has you covered.
- Good Is Not Soft: the trope could honestly be renamed The Shepherd without missing a beat.
- Hotter And Sexier
- Immortal Hero
- Jerk Ass: Your target practice.
- Knight In Shining Armor
- Living Legend
- Magnetic Hero: You are that magnetic hero.
- No One Gets Left Behind: The Golden Ending. Heavy risk, but the priiize.
- One (Wo)Man Army: This is canon for your character. It is so satisfying.
- Press X To Not Die: This tropes gets an upgrade in that they are optional, yet lead to some of the best moments in the game.
- The Quisling: The Convict's recruitment mission has you run into one. The result, well...
- Remember When You Blew Up A Sun: Yes the character you play as is just that awesome, and this trope is even subverted in Arrival.
- Saving The World: The game makes no bones about placing the fate of the entire galaxy in your hands. Better get to it.
- To Win Without Fighting: Unlike Gears Of War it's not all shoot shoot shoot. Multiple opportunities await to get out without fighting.
- Undying Loyalty: Most of your crew.
- Video Game Caring Potential: To quote most fans, if you mess up and don't go back to do it right you have no soul.
- We Do The Impossible: Yes, yes you do.
- Xanatos Gambit: Bring Shepard back to life to fight the Collectors so the Reapers can be controlled is merely the biggest one.
- You Shall Not Pass: And they are glorious.
- Zero Approval Gambit: The Arrival mission.
In order to post comments, you need to