Code Geass is an odd series, and your enjoyment thereof will depend mostly on how you decide to watch it. You can make or break the show with what you expect of it.
- Plot: In an Alternate History, "Britannia" invades Japan. Lelouch (a disowned Britannian prince) gets mind control powers (the eponymous Geass) from an immortal Mysterious Waif so that he can lead the Japanese army of robots against the Britannian army of robots. His Japanese childhood friend Suzaku is working for Britannia, trying to reform it. He pilots the Super Prototype.
- Content: Quite a bit of bloody violence, and some nudity. Mostly in the first season, but the 2nd has some too. Also the infamous Table-kun incident, the low point of season 1.
- The good:
- Lots of fighting robots.
- Very inventive in the use of the various Geass powers.
- Plenty of surprising plot twists (in the first season)
- Good characterization (first season)
- The first season in general (although it had some minor problems)
- Kallen. Probably the only major character whose characterization doesn't get shot to hell at some point in season 2.
- The bad:
- Plot holes you could drive a train through (mostly the 2nd season)
- In the 2nd season, various people begin acting horribly out of character, motivations are unexplained, dropped, or ignored.
- At least 2 major plots are ended anticlimactically before the end of the show.
- Numerous subplots are just dropped with no explanation.
- Season 2's costume designs, and other miscellaneous Narm.
In order to post comments, you need to