Don Pachi is the game that started it all. Upon release, the world of 2-D shooting games would never be the same. Good:
- Some aesthetic elements, such as the announcer, the sound effects for enemies being destroyed, and the appearance of the Bomb-Laser are unique to this game and are not repeated elsewhere.
- Despite being the first game in the series, it is still very hard. Its second loop causes enemies to release suicide bullets upon death much like Batsugun.
- Its gameplay is still interesting to this day, with later games in the series adding little to it.
- It looks very dated compared to later games in the series.
- The music is very forgettable, unlike all of the other games in the series.
In order to post comments, you need to